Three Buffalo Firefighters Injured Battling Late-Night Blaze
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Fire officials say three Buffalo firefighters have suffered minor injuries while battling a late-night blaze at a home where five residents got out safely.
Officials tell WIVB-TV that the fire started around 11:00pm Tuesday, October 22, 2013 under the attic floor of a house on the city’s west side.
Firefighters alerted three first-floor and two second-floor tenants who were unaware their building was on fire. All five escaped without injury.
Officials say one of the firefighters ran out of air while inside the home and had to be rescued. He’s recovering after being checked out a hospital. Two other firefighters also suffered minor injuries.
Firefighters believe an electrical problem sparked the flames.