Two Local Teens Charged In UPD’s Car Theft Investigation
Utica, NY (WIBX) – Two local teens are facing charges after police accused them of going through parked cars, stealing numerous items, including GPS units, Laptops and DVD players. It happened last week when Utica Police officials responded to early morning calls of vehicle break-ins on several blocks in Utica.
After spotting two males wearing backpacks, walking through a parking lot on Mohawk Street, a foot chase started when they refused to stop and talk to the officers. One suspect was subsequently found hiding in someone’s back yard, and the other was found at his home on Miller Street. Both backpacks were recovered. They were found holding many of items that were reported stolen by the victims.
Raymond Garrett and Doncharvell Patterson–both 17-years-old–are each facing the following charges:
Garrett of Miller Street in Utica
- 2 counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property – a Misdemeanor
- Petit Larceny – a Misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief – a Misdemeanor
- Grand Larceny – a Class E Felony
Patterson of Blandina Street in Utica
- Criminal Mischief – 3rd Degree Class E Felony
- Criminal Mischief – 4th Degree Misdemeanor
- 2 counts of Petit Larceny – a Misdemeanor
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property – a Misdemeanor