Underage Drinkers Nabbed in Sylvan Beach
Sylvan Beach, NY (WIBX) – As part of their on-going community policing efforts in the Village of Sylvan Beach, the New York State Police conducted an underage drinking enforcement detail on the beach front, last week.
Undercover Troopers were positioned on the beach in order to identify possible underage drinkers. The following people were arrested for violating the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law section 65-C (Underage Person’s Possession of an Alcoholic Beverage with Intent to Consume):
- Sasha Funn, age 17, Butterfield Ave Utica, NY
- Amanda Feralo, age 17, Lomond Pl Utica, NY
- Tiffany Huening, age 16, Marnie St Utica, NY
- Erica Gigliotti, age 20, Herbert St North Syracuse, NY
- Brian Mays, age 17, Roxboro Rd Mattydale, NY
- Gautam Badgujar, age 20, Havermill Rd NY, NY
- Corey Cook, age 19, Larchmont Ave Utica, NY
- Shannon Long, age 17, Forest St North Syracuse, NY
- Paul Givshakov, age 19, N. Little Tar Rd NY, NY
The following people were arrested for violating the Village of Sylvan Beach Local Law 85-1 (Possessing an Open Container of Alcohol):
- Derek Dicastro, age 21, Laurel Ave Rome, NY
- James Sigg, age 22, Route 46 Boonville, NY
- Alycia Aylesworth, age 22, French Rd Utica, NY
- Ashli Selden, age 22, Laurel Ave Rome, NY
- Scott Murdock, age 30, Old Liverpool Rd Liverpool, NY
- Corey Drummond, age 21, Pierce St Nanuet, NY
- Katarzyna Synakowski, age 21, Whitesboro, NY
The State Police would like to remind anyone visiting the Village of Sylvan Beach that it is illegal to possess an open container of alcohol in a public place within the village limits. The only exception is the picnic area to the west of the municipal parking lot on Park Ave.
New York State Police are planning a similar underage enforcement detail for the July 4th weekend.