UPD Say Fight At Dairy-Del Resulted In Car Chase, Arrest
Utica, NY (WIBX) – Police following up on a call about a fight at Dairy-Del involving armed suspects, led to a car chase in Utica. Officials say the chase started in the area of Howe Street when the two suspects were attempting to flee from police.
The vehicle pursuit ended at Gilmore Village, when the suspects abandoned the car behind a building and fled on foot. They were both apprehended shortly after however, officials say their investigation is still ongoing and only released the name of one of the suspects — 29-year-old Ezra McClain.
McClain, who is currently on parole, is facing the following charges:
- Unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree
- Resisting arrest
- Fail to obey a police officer
- No driver’s license
- Aggravated unlicensed operation 3rd degree
- Fail to stop for a stop sign (5 counts)
- Reckless driving
- Failed to yield at stop sign to another vehicle
- Improper turn
Officials say more charges are pending.