Utica Man Facing Multiple Charges After Domestic Violence Incident
A Utica man is facing multiple charges after a domestic violence incident that happened on Monday.
Utica Police say Jose Garcia, 29, of Erie Street, allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend's home on Blandina Street and grabbed her by the throat before picking up a hammer and swinging it at her.
The victim was able to escape out of a window and call police.
Garcia was arrested today and charged with:
- 2 counts of Menacing-misdemeanor
- Criminal Trespass-misdemeanor
- Burglary 1st- B felony
- Criminal Tampering- misdemeanor
- 3 counts of Petit Larceny-misdemeanor
- 1 counts of Harassment-violation
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd- D felony