Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri Endorses Bill Morehouse For Comptroller
The Democratic mayor of Utica is not endorsing the Democratic candidate for Utica Comptroller.
Mayor Robert Palmieri chose the site of the former Bossert manufacturing facility to make the announcement on Halloween that he is endorsing Utica Common Council President Bill Morehouse for Comptroller, as well as seven other candidates for seats on the Utica Common Council.
Morehouse is the Independence Party candidate who is opposed by Utica United Party and Democratic Party candidate Jim Zecca. Zecca, some say just as interestingly, has the endorsement of the Oneida County Conservative Party.
A list of Palmieri's endorsements is below:
- 2nd Council District: Dave Testa
- 3rd Council District: Dan Trevisani
- 4th Council District: Joe Marino
- 5th Council District: Jerome McKinsey
- Council-at-Large*: Frank Meola
- Council-at-Large*: Ed Bucciero
- Council-at-Large*: Jack LoMedico
* There are three council-at-large positions available on the Utica Common Council.
The Utica Comptroller's race has been highly contested and debated in recent weeks. Both James Zecca and Bill Morehouse have participated in recent debates throughout the city and on WIBX.