Westfield Electric Superintendent Fatally Electrocuted Moving Wire
The superintendent of Westfield Electric was electrocuted trying to move a low hanging wire on Saturday.
William J. Boneberg was trying to move a low-hanging, live wire at approximately 12:45pm on Saturday, August 23, 2014 near 7609 State Route 20 in Westfield, New York.
New York State Police say Boneberg was trying to move the wire when the line broke, fell, and landed on him. It fatally electrocuted him.
Larry Wilcox, the Chautauqua County Coroner, pronounced Boneberg dead at the scene.
Troopers say it is believed that the incident was an accident, and there was no evidence of foul play.
Boneberg was 62 years old.
Westfield Electric provides electrical service to the Town and Village of Westfield, New York.
The Westfield Police and EMS, who had received initial reports of the incident, assisted on the scene.