What Is Sequester, Or Sequestration?
Jo Comerford, executive director of the National Priorities Project, a non-partisan group that focuses on the federal budget . "We crack open the budget for everyone," adding the group tried to make the process and information as accessible to everyone as possible.
- ''This is among as bad as it's been in decades.''
- Set to happend on March, 1, 2013,
- It was never meant to happen, rather a budget tactic to get both sides to hammer out an agreement, she says.
- Sequestration is all about cuts, not taking into account revenue.
- Both parties are implicated in this, she says. It is a true that a member of the Obama Administration came up with this, however it is also true that republicans have blocked any meaningful conversation on avoiding it, Comerford says.
The website for the National Priorities Project is Nationalpriorities.org.