Keeler in the Morning Show Notes for Friday, April 25th
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
- Erin Hamlin throws out the 1st pitch of the Mets - Cardinals game yesterday.
- Should there be regulations on agriculture specifically in regards to the ingredients needed to brew beer?
- It's that time of the year, well it can happen anytime during the year, but it's liquid manure time. You smell it? Many liquid manure product is synthetic now.
- Audio from Erin Hamlin throwing out the 1st pitch of the Mets - Cardinals game.
- So what's this new way kids are getting high? It's very odd, but they are using Burt's Bee lip balm and rubbing it on their eyes. The new high "craze" is called "Beezin."
- Blistex is the lip balm product that would only make lips worse causing you to to have to use more.
- Didn't cinnamon sticks used to be used for toothpicks?
- Cliven Bundy is a Nevada rancher who was once looked at as heroic for standing up to national agents against grazing laws but now he's got a new battle. He held a press conference which resulted in him saying some pretty racist-like things.
Ray Stagich from the Weather Channel
- Ray says today will not be bad, but there are no signs of nice weather in the forecast for next week.
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Reviews
The Other Woman - Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton team up to get revenge on the man who has been triple timing them.
Brick Mansions - Paul Walker is an undercover cop trying to get revenge for his father's murder.
- Local woman in the movie "God's Not Dead." Willie hasn't seen it, but he has to.
John Zogby - Zogby Analytics
- John was talking about a wonderful organization that trains guide dogs for those with special needs and visual impairments. There was an event last night called "Three Dog Night" which honors three of the dogs.
- Ukraine Update
- John gave his insight into Governor Cuomo and his rivalries with DiNapoli and other departments in Albany. According to John he has an odd political personality. Cuomo doesn't have many people that are close to him.
- We talked to John about the education budgets in New York State and the difficulties that result from it.
Rob Astorino - Westchester County Executive
- Mr. Astorino is running for governor against Andrew Cuomo.
- Mr. Astorino is sure of some cracks in the administration.
- We discussed with him The Moreland Commission and Cuomo's dealing with it.
- We do this so people can call up and share what's on your mind! 736-0186.
- Tim Reed calls up to talk about the Blood Drive at the Radisson today from 11-4. People can show up to donate without an appointment. Two people can win a bib for this year's race.
- JoJo calls up to give his picks on the horses and baseball. He even wrote a special song for us.
Buffalo Bills Text Message Story
- Lawsuits filed against the Bills because they told fans that they would text 5 messages a week and one fan filed a class action lawsuit for receiving 13 messages a week.
- According to an ESPN report and the legal analyst Lester Munson fans who filed the lawsuit will receive debit cards for the Bills paraphernalia.
Sam Phou - Lotus Garden
Videos from Today's Interview with Sam will be in Show Notes later today.
- Sam is in to talk about Culture Fest tomorrow at the Stanley Theatre. The Lotus Garden is the best!
- Sam shares his story and what makes Utica a great melting pot and the importance of this event. Sam came here with nothing and has worked hard to get where he is.
- Sam is from Cambodia and he talked about the killing fields and fearing for his life. There was also disease they had to worry about it.
- Sam makes the great point that the best way to learn about another person or another culture is through food.
- Many different food offerings at the Lotus Garden. Definitely check it out.
Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
- Assemblyman Brindisi discusses NANO Utica progress, Cuomo's recent comments in regards to the Moreland Commission, and addresses the story about his brother Andrew.
Continuing with Sam Phou of Lotus Garden
- Sam opens up a little more about his past and his story. He was "dropped off" in Providence in 1979. Sam again was from Cambodia and lived there during the whole war.
- He talked about how his brother escaped a labor camp and arranged for he and his family to be smuggled out of the country. Some smugglers betrayed people and if you were caught leaving, you would be killed on the spot.
- All this happened to Sam when he was 8 or 9 years old.