Keeler Show Notes for Friday, June 27th, 2014
- Andrew gives a little run down on what’s to come on today’s show including former Buffalo Bills DB Mark Kelso and we’re going to be talking concussions.
- Soccer players are faking injuries and collisions to attempt to get a yellow card against the other team. It reminds Jeff about a Sports Center commercial.
- USA gets the loss in a shutout against Germany, however they advance to the Knockout Rounds.
- The player from Uruguay, Suarez, gets a 9 game suspension for biting the Italian player.
- Joe Hobika gives us a call to start the day off right. Joe talks about the law restricting police to thumb through your phone if you get pulled over or stopped.
- Human Rights, which are important to Joe, are discussed as well.
- Joe also gives his insight and opinion into the Independence Democratic Caucus.
- Bill heard that the Governor was giving government employees some time to watch the World Cup.
- If these employees are being payed by tax payer’s, Bill feels it’s not cool for them to take time to watch the game and still be on the clock.
- What’s the difference between government employees slacking off to watch the game and private business employees.
- Heidelberg Bread may be expanding to The Pumpkin Patch in Frankfort.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us a beautiful weekend weather forecast!
Willie Waffle – Weekend Movie Reviews
- We ask Willie about the movie “The Interview” which has gotten Kim Jong Un all hot and bothered.
- Transformers: Age of Extinction! Marky Mark Wahlberg is in it and Willie talks about his frustrations with the film, but you can find out more on his website: www.wafflemovies.com.
Nancy Grace Is Disgusting!
- Before we get to John, because he wasn’t quite ready yet, we talk about the Pat Sajek. He thought that a contestant who was engaged was engaged to a woman, but the contestant was gay.
- Bill goes off about Nancy Grace. He calls her disgusting and convicts people no matter what.
- She recently interviewed the father of a missing child and grills him for 3 minutes. The show got a report before the talked to him about the fact that his son was found alive in the basement and she left out the fact that he was alive. It gets worse.
Here is the Interview:
- We re-address the issue of the Governor giving a select group of workers a little extra time to watch the World Cup game.
Happy Birthday To You!
Caitlyn Farmer from Clinton
Lisa Smigle from Utica
Congratulations to Caitlyn Farmer from Clinton, you get the birthday cake from the fabulous Florentine Pastry Shop!
Mark Kelso – Former Buffalo Bills DB
- Bill brings up how great it would have been to win one of the 4 Super Bowls they appeared in.
- Mark was the first guy at the NFL level to wear the “Pro-Cap” inside his helmet to help prevent concussions. Today because of that technology, he feels healthy and he can’t believe that it isn’t available and being used today.
- He is working on a similar concept now.
- The concussion issue is big now and we discuss with Mr. Kelso the lawsuits against the NFL.
- We talk to him about the Romanowski mindset of playing through the pain.
- Is the NFL going in the right directions with new rules?
- We talk about the future of the Buffalo Bills and who the next owners will be and will they keep the team in Buffalo. Mark gives his thoughts and the word on the street.
Andria Heath – Utica Zoo
- Before we get to our guests Tom Maley calls up for a little report.
- Andria Heath from the Utica Zoo is on to promote the raffle that the zoo is doing. A $25 ticket will either get you a custom $12,000 Disney trip or $10,000 cash! They are at a point now where they have sold enough tickets where any further purchase goes directly to the zoo, so get your tickets. You can get those tickets at the zoo or on the website: http://uticazoo.org/100-years-of-fun-raffle/.
Jim Piccola – State DOT
- Before we spoke with Jim, Bill talks about a story of a man in Egypt arrested for liking a Christian post on FB.
- Jim gives us an update on the arterial project and traffic updates. We also talk about the pedestrian bridge and the elimination of some of the traffic lights.
Senator Joe Griffo – IDC
- Senator Joe Griffo talks about the encouraged hour off to watch the soccer game.
- The Senator also talks about the Independent Democratic Caucus.
- Senator Griffo also addresses the Governor’s race and Astorino’s chances.
Continuing with Senator Griffo
- Concerns of Bill de Blasio getting involved in the state.
- Bill asks the Senator about Gap Elimination.
- A listener “dings” in to Bill and asks the question, can we get money for Utica streets?
- Infrastructure will be an issue coming up in the near future.
Have a Beautiful Weekend!
Bill is off next week but Jeff, Kristine, and Andrew will be taking the helm.