Keeler Show Notes for Friday, October 3rd, 2014
- The FCC is seriously contemplating putting the word "Redskins" on the list of words that can not be said and that could warrant a fine.
- Rob Astorino has a new AD out that is a rip off off the Daisy Nuclear AD. It makes no sense in this context and Astorino claims the correlation is that Cuomo has a cloud of corruption above him.
- We discuss issues with this AD and why, in Bill's words, it's stupid.
- There is a second person confirmed in the United States with Ebola. The way things have been going, we have to wonder if the CDC really has control over the prevention of it spreading.
The latest conspiracy theory is that ISIS is intentionally infecting people with Ebola and sending them to America.
- Aretha Franklin is 72-years-old and she has a new album coming out and Bill will playing something coming up later.
- Two teachers were having sex with a 16-year-old boy. The threesome occurred and it was found out by the fact the kid was bragging.
- Is there a double-standard? If it was two men with a 16-year-old girl, they'd be crucified. Now some people are saying, "Why would he brag? He had a good thing going!"
- Two attractive female teachers can get anyone they want probably and they carried this threesome affair for one year.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us a forecast that is slightly lower than normal for this time of year, including a possible low of in the 30s for the north country. Enjoy today because it will be nice, but this weekend is going to be not great.
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Review
- We also talk to Willie about the teachers sleeping with the kids.
Annabelle - A doll torments a family because IT IS HAUNTED!!!
Gone Girl - Ben Affleck plays the husband of a missing woman, but is he also the main suspect?
Left Behind - Millions of people disappear, leaving the world in chaos and Nicolas Cage is going to yell and scream about it!!
- Before you go to the movies make sure you check out Willie's website: http://wafflemovies.com/.
Brandon Lang - NFL Week 5 Picks
- If you're going to do that stuff (betting for fun) you need to check in with Brandon Lang.
- We talk about Matthew McConaughey and Brandon's time spent with him.
- Brandon picked Green Bay and he's picking Cincinatti and Arizona. He says to go with San Diego until they stop covering. He's also picking the Giants.
- We talk about the FCC wanting to ban "Redskins" and the Black-Out Rule.
Before you "Bet for Fun," Check Out Brandon's Website: http://www.brandonlang.com/.
They Say It's Your Birthday...
- Tammy Bates from Mohawk
- Malgorzata Mach from Palm Bay
- Jim Madrak from Utica
- Ralph Maine
- Jeff Elliott
- Aretha Franklin has a new album coming out that features her singing the Diva classics. One of the songs on the album is Adelle's "Rolling In The Deep."
- We discuss how even though Adelle is amazing and that's her song, Aretha knocked it out of the park.
- We discuss again the issue of the eulogy at the church in Frankfort. After the family member, Mike Button, called up to clarify what went on, we realize that it goes beyond just a policy on eulogy. The priest went nuts and the family just had to leave.
- We play back the family members call from yesterday.
- Jeff received an email from a listener about his parish priest and how problems with eulogies can occur, but this issue goes far beyond that.
Kim Yance - CEO of Live Happy LLC
- We talk about the top 5 happiest states in America.
- New York comes in at around 28, and the happiness of a state depends on the decisions and choices people make.
- We ask him about the difference between Upstate Happiness and City Happiness.
- Happiness is the precursor to success. We also talk about the least happy state and the fact that you have to work towards happiness it's not just going to happen.
- Paul calls up to talk about the Frankfort church funeral service. Paul is a former pastor and he talks about how stressful the pastor position can be. He feels that these are human men that are placed in a position of having to create policies, etc.
- Before we talk to Mark, we talk about the fact that Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell got into an argument on "The View." Apparently it was a big misunderstanding with an ear piece.
- Whoopi has actually gone to the defense of the Boston Herald and a comic they ran about Obama and his Watermelon flavored toothpaste.
- Whoopi defends the Watermelon toothpaste.
Mark Caswell Jr. - Utica Comets
- There is a members only bar at the AUD that is opening up where the old offices by Oriskany Blvd. is. It's a $500 membership fee with 70 seats and your bar tab gets invoiced to you.
- The individual ticket sales begin tomorrow morning for the home opener and all 37 home games.
- We talk about the release party for season ticket holders as well.
More Guesses For Weight Loss Challenge
- We are cutting it off one week from today and get your guesses in.
- Josh calls up to talk about his bet on Bill.
- We also take guesses from Stefan and Jerry.
- Susan Boyle appeared on The TODAY Show because she's promoting a new album. She sang Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here." Bill thinks she's just awkward.
- We get into the Dollar Shave Club website.
- JoJo calls up to give his picks for the week and he wants a sponsorship to the $500 club at the AUD.
- Tom calls in to talk about his shaving habits and the fact that he still uses the double edged razor from the 60s.
Lisa Magnarelli - Hamilton College
- Lisa is the organizer of the Great Names Speaking Series and specifically Derek Jeter.
- They had always tried to get a professional athlete and it was by chance that they happened to land Derek Jeter.
- Lisa gives the details on how the general public can get tickets to see Jeter.
- The tickets are available November 10th from 6-9 PM at the Wellin Box Office. First come first serve and limit 2 per person.