Keeler Show Notes for Tuesday, June 3rd
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014
WIBX VIP Club Gripe of the Day is: Banking
Hometown of the Day: Utica
Newsmaker of the Day: Robert Channing
- Bill has had some problems with his bank.
- On a trip to Canada, his account was frozen due to suspicion of fraudulent charges. Good thing he had a back up plan. What would someone who didn't do? Customer Service was closed because it was a weekend.
- Also, he woke up this morning to see a cash deposit from Saturday disappear. Good thing he found the receipt, this is the source of his gripe today.
- What must it be like for Casey Kasem? How does he deal with this feud between his daughters and his wife?
- The dance of political rhetoric.
- We discuss the exchange of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for the 5 Taliban members. Some former platoon mates that served with Bergdahl are coming out in opposition of him wanting a court marshal and some even say he should have been left in the dessert.
- Bill reviews his banking gripe, the Bergdahl story, and Eden calls in with his opinion.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us his daily forecast with humor and for the most part accuracy.
Truth or Crap - Still No Winner
- Martin was the 4th caller, but did he win?
Kim Strong - Lainey's Army
- On Saturday, Kim spent some time in a hot truck to demonstrate how quickly the inside of a vehicle can get up to a deadly temperature.
- She gives tips on how to handle a situation in which you see a dog in a hot car. Call the cops a distance away from the car so the dog doesn't get excited.
- Kim talks about the choke collar and ways to solve the barking problem.
***Happy Birthday to Tim Brown from Utica, You get the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop!***
Robert Channing - Mentalist
- Have you advanced in and will you be on America's Got Talent? All he's allowed to say is that he auditioned.
- He as a 20 page and 30 page contract of what he can and can't say. All he can say is that he auditioned.
- They don't tell him anything, or when he will be on. It's reality TV at it's best.
- Robert did his speed painting trick in the AGT promo.
Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi - 2nd Charter School
- We discussed briefly Robert Channing and his possible audition appearance on AGT.
- Assemblyman Brindisi talks about the fact that from a financial standpoint, a second charter school is not feasible.
- The charter school has withdrawn their application and are very disappointed.
Wrapping Things Up with Robert Channing
- Bill has a secret and it is that Bill was in the audience at Madison Square Garden for the audition.
- We talk about some of the procedures involved in auditioning, taping, etc.
Bethany Blankley - FOX Political Analyst
- We discuss the Boe Bergdahl situation and Bethany gives her thoughts.
- Is Jay Carney stepping down on connected? Bethany doesn't believe so, but it could just be an end of term thing.
- There is always a back story. Why now? We knew where he was 5 years ago and could have gotten an order to go in and get him.
- There are reports out currently that Bergdahl has not been held by Taliban but by another group the Haqqani network. They are like the Mob.
- What could have happened is that Obama's administration may have paid ransom to the Haqqanis and the Taliban went along with it, because if people found out the ransom was paid, then that would have been funding a terrorist organization.
- Bethany believes that Obama's goal is to destroy the fabric of America.
- There is a direct correlation between Bergdahl's capture and attacks on American soldiers.
Chief Russell Brooks - Utica Fire Department
- Before we get to the Chief, we spoke with Bernie, a listener who called in to give his opinion on Bergdahl.
Now to the Chief:
- Crazy times! This has to make Utica Fire Dept. politics pal, but Chief Brooks doesn't think so.
- They became aware that the Children's Museum was not compliant with a 2008 law to register for inspection. When they finally went in there, they found multiple violations.
- There was information sent out in 2008 that let them know they were required to register. Because of the 3,100 commercial businesses it was hard to track down those who haven't complied.
- Hopefully this case will help influence other commercial businesses that are not compliant to step up and comply.
- Did Bill come across as an Obama lover?
- He talks more about the Bargdahl story.
- People have issues with Bill's statement about Beth's argument about Obama being anti-American being ridiculous.