Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
WIBX VIP Club Gripe of the Day is: Nastiness
Hometown of the Day: Yorkville
Newsmaker of the Day: Village Elections
– Big day of elections yesterday.
– There are new mayors in Herkimer and Ilion. Ainsworth in Herkimer has been mayor for a while and Bill believes people felt a change was needed and Beth Neale lost by a huge margin. That could be due to how she handled adversity.
– Some seniors at New Hartford High School will not be allowed to go on the senior trip due to a senior prank. The prank involved a Nerf gun.
– Anything that resembles a gun or is gun related has become hyper-sensitive around schools.
– Legislators in New York are working to clarify the law that defines what a true threat is and how it should be handled.
– Robert Channing was yet again not on America’s Got Talent last night. Bill confirms that he will appear on AGT on Sunday at 9pm.
– There is a brand new episode of Plate Night! Check it out. This week we feature Waterfront Grille.
– Jeff tweets the confirmation of Robert Channing’s appearance on AGT.
Vinnie Martinelli – New Hartford High School Parent
– The senior prank that was pulled in the New Hartford High School was a Nerf Gun war during the lunch hour and that led to the suspension of some from the class trip that was already paid for.
– There have been previous classes that have done pranks including a dance party and swimming in the pool.
– The fact that some have been punished and some have been overturned. The school board meeting last night got pretty heated as well.
– Vinnie has paid for the trip and his daughter can’t go now.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
– Ray gives his daily weather forecast.
Peter Franklin – Gabby Cabby
– Before we talk to Peter we want you to know that a tractor trailer is over-turned on I-90 Westbound near exit 30.
– Now Peter Franklin gives us his True Tales. He talks traffic and horse and carriages.
Tonya Kassler – Miss Utica
– She is on to promote a Meet and Greet she’s doing at Big Apple Music and a benefit she’s doing for the Stevens Swan Humane Society at the Utica Brewer’s game. That game is this Saturday, June 21st and all proceeds go to Stevens Swan.
– She talks about her competition and that will take place in late August. She will also be doing a Meet and Greet and signing autographs from Noon-2.
– Before getting to Tonya we talked about Doctor Oz’s appearance before congress.
– Ed was on the scene of the Tractor Trailer turnover on the thruway. He took pictures and gave us an update.
– Doctor Oz got in trouble with Congress because the diet plans he suggests are not scientifically proven.
– Congress is wasting tax payer dollars on dealing with stuff like that.
– Bill talks about his hair pills and he is out so he has ordered some more online.
– Elections last night prompted Bill’s gripe and we look ahead to that Congressional Primary race.
– Both of the school budgets that were in danger of austerity have been passed. They are Rome and Brookfield.
– Robert Channing sends Bill a quote to confirm his upcoming appearance on AGT.
– We continue the discussion about senior pranks and the New Hartford case. One person responds to the case and gives their honest thoughts in favor of the administration.
Jared Halpern – FOX News Correspondent
– Jared gives us an update on the Benghazi suspect. He is currently on a naval ship and will face multiple charges.
– Ahmed Abu Khattala is the suspect and Obama and his administration is facing a criticism as to why it’s taken so long to detain him.
– After we spoke with Jared, we get an anonymous caller to comment on the Senior prank situation. She feels the contract the kids sign is stupid because if they don’t sign the contract they can’t participate regardless. She feels you’re being forced to sign the contract.
– The reason for the kids from West Canada are not allowed to walk on graduation day because they were “rowdy.”
– Senior prank issue discussion continued.
– Don calls in to comment on the New Hartford Senior prank and Jay calls in to comment on the West Canada story. He’s a parent in West Canada and he feels there is definitely more to the story than what’s being told.
– You can buy beer or alcohol after 8 AM on Sundays. It was a clarification.
Bob Seward – Shot’s Sports and Entertainment Bar
– Bob is on to promote a benefit this Sunday Noon-6 at Shot’s.
– He talks about the growth and food down on Varrick.
Subscribe to WIBX 950 on
Jeffrey Simons – Rome Superintendent of Schools
– Very pleased that the budget passed and it would have been devastating for this budget not to pass.
– He was very nervous with some of the early ward results.
– For those who were against the budget, Mr. Simons says it’s hard work to make them happy.
– None the less, Mr. Simons is pleased. The vote was close!
– We continue the discussion on the New Hartford and West Canada stories.
– The issues of contracts and commitments are addressed.
– A mechanic in Georgia found a baby crawling on the highway because it crawled 300 yards from it’s home. He stayed with the baby for 2 hours until the mother came by.
– Bad storms wipe out towns in Nebraska.
– A company is manufacturing computer chips to remove memories from people’s brain. WHAT?!?
– We play the song Shannon from the Casey Kasem blooper.
– We go over the elections from last night.
– 911 tape from man who found the baby on the highway.
– NY State is working to clarify what a “legal” definition of a threat. Nothing is on the books right now against threats. Certain courts may yield different results from threats, but no serious repercussions.