Utica Mayor Palmieri Discusses What To Expect In His Upcoming Budget
Highlights of Utica Mayor Rob Palmieri's appearance on WIBX First News with Keeler in the Morning:
Last year the city started the budget process with an $8 million deficit. That doesn't change overnight, Palmieri said.
- "We're doing everything we can possibly do at this point. We've been bare bones. Roughly 85% of our budget is contractual."
- "The unions won't be happy with me. The people won't be happy with me."
- "We can cut and cut and cut. But, we need economic development."
Response to criticism about the lack of a budget, and his absence at council meetings:
- Referring to the council, "Some of the grandstanding, it goes with the territory."
- I prefer not to go to the council meetings, that is their meeting.
- I speak with five or six councilors on a regular basis.
- ''My focus is only one focus, moving our city forward.''
- Budget will be out on February 19th.
The full interview can be found in two parts here: