Road Closures For Wednesday, July 3, 2013 (Includes Business Closures)
Another night of rain is testing the resolve of emergency crews and residents throughout the area.
(updated 07/03/2013 6:09am)
Here is the latest list of road closures:
- Village of Mohawk
- Van Hornesville
- Route 80 Fort Plain, Montgomery County to the Herkimer / Otsego County line affecting Montgomery, Herkimer, and Otsego counties
- Route 5 from Route 10 to Route 334 in Montgomery County
- Route 51 from Ilion to Cedarville in Herkimer County
- Route 168 from route 28 / Columbia Street to Route 167 in Herkimer County
- Route 365A from Route 365 to Route 46 in Oneida County
- Route 169 from North Creek Road, Eatonville to Route 28, Middleville in Herkimer County
- Route 13 from Sheds to Deruyter in Madison County
- Route 171 (from start to end) in Frankfort, Herkimer County
· Rt 5 in Town of Little Falls, at Gun Club Road, alternating traffic due to a mud slide
· NY 168 in Mohawk between Columbia St/Rt 28 and Rt 167
· NY 169 in the Town of Herkimer, between Kelly Road and West End Road
· NY 51 between Ilion and Cedarville
· NY 5S East Main Street
· NY 80 in the Town of Stark, between the Otsego County Line and NY 5S
· In Fairfield – Lynch Road
· In Frankfort – Main Street, Avery Street, Southside Road, Widrick Road
· German Flatts – Lower End Elizabeth Road, Putts Hill
· Herkimer – South Main at Steele, Folts Road
· Schuyler – SR 5
· Rt 5S – Water over Mucky Rum and Dyke Road
· Shells Bush Road – Mudslide
· Higby Road and Coop Hill Road – Washed Out
· Rt 28 Water over road at Schader Hill
· Rt 51 at Steel Creek
· Brockway at Higby
· Fords Bush and Fire Hill
· NY 80 in the Town of Fort Plain, between Abbott St and Pumpkin Hook Rd (Otsego County)
· NY 5S/NY 80 in the Village of Fort Plain, at Main Street
· NY 5, between NY 10 and NY 334 is closed due to train derailment.
· US Rt 11 is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between Rt 41 and Ridge Road in the Town of Cortlandville
· Rt 12 (North Main Street) is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between Rt 12B and Rt 80 (West State Street) in the Town of Sherburne.
Mudslides have been reported on Fishing Rock Road in Middleville and on Cook Hill in Middleville as well. Over the past several days there were mudslides reported in Herkimer and Frankfort.
A flood warning has been issued for the West Canada Creek at Hinckley through Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
A flood warning is still in effect for the Chenango River at Norwich in Central Chenango County until at least 10:00am on Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Flooding is already occurring in some areas.
The National Weather Service is reminding residents that most flooding deaths occur in cars. Please do not risk driving through water, even if it appears shallow.
(none reported at this time.)