Here’s Where You Can Ice Skate In Utica-Rome
Nothing says post-holiday winter fun like a cup of hot chocolate and a trip to the ice skating rink.
In Utica and Rome, there aren't a ton of options to hit the ice outdoors, but these rinks are available for you to strap on the skates and take a few laps, twirls or even wipeouts.
New Hartford Recreation Center
- 4 Mill St. New Hartford
- Public Skate available almost every day for just $5.00
- More information at the New Hartford Town website.
Whitestown Community Center
- 1 Championship Dr. Whitesboro
- Open daily from 6 a.m. til Midnight
- Whitestown Parks & Rec website
- 500 W. Embargo St. Rome
- Visit the Kennedy Arena page for open skate details
- 36 Kirkland Ave. Clinton
- Open daily from 5 a.m. til Midnight
- More info at the Town of Kirkland website.
Additionally, the Village of Herkimer told us that they might open up an outdoor rink later this winter if the weather cooperates long enough to sustain a rink.
The Villages of Ilion, Mohawk and Frankfort will not be building outdoor rinks this year, but Frankfort officials are in talks to build one for winter 2018.