Coworkers Strike Rich At New York State’s ‘Luckiest’ Store
The New York State Lottery just confirmed a group of coworkers won $2 million playing Powerball. The ticket was sold in the Hudson Valley.
The winning ticket was sold in what's been recently called the "luckiest" store in New York State.
$1 Million Powerball Winner Sold in Newburgh, Orange County
A second-prize ticket for the Nov. 5 Powerball drawing was sold in the Town of Newburgh. The winning ticket was sold at the Smokes 4 Less located at 59 North Plank Road.
The winning numbers were 28 45 53 56 69 Powerball 20. The $2 million winning ticket matched all five numbers, but not the Powerball.
For all the news that the Hudson Valley is sharing make sure to follow Hudson Valley Post on Facebook, download the Hudson Valley Post Mobile App and sign up for the Hudson Valley Post Newsletter.
The ticket was worth $2 million because the coworkers played the Powerball Powerplay.
"When purchased, the Powerplay feature allows players to multiply a non-jackpot prize up to 10 times. Powerplay may be added to any Powerball wager at the time of purchase for an additional $1 per wager," the New York State Lottery states.
9 Coworkers Win Big In Newburgh
A group of nine coworkers purchased the $2 million winning ticket, according to the New York State Lottery.
Each received their payment as a single lump sum after required withholdings.
The winners include:
- David Nicotera of Utica who received $1,302,001
- Jorge Nicasio Polanco of Brewster, MA who received $81,375
- Ariel Morel Pena of Fort Lauderdale, FL who received $81,375
- Leandro Toribio Fana of Fort Lauderdale, FL who received $81,375
- Erick Suarez of Carolina, PR who won $81,375
- Emannuel Peguero Vasquez of Acworthy, GA who won $81,375
- Joan Spartan of Manhattan who won $76,530.50
- Esther Rodriguez-Rodriguez of the Bronx who won $76,530.50
- Carlos Ferreiras Luna of South Ozone Park who won $76,530.50
WOW:‘In-N-Out of East Coast’ Opens New Hudson Valley Eatery
The New York State Lottery didn't announce the name of the business.