NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — Fire officials in upstate New York say a 7-year-old girl has died in a fire that damaged a house over the weekend.

Crews responded to the house fire in Niagara Falls around 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say two adults and 13 children made it out of the burning home safely. Niagara Falls police say a 7-year-old girl died in the blaze.

The home was badly damaged by the fire. Firefighters say the blaze was caused by cooking that was left unattended.

More From WIBX 950