Utica Has A New Chief Fire Marshal
The City of Utica has a new Chief Fire Marshal.
Mayor Rob Palmieri and Fire Chief Russell Brooks promoted Fire Captain Raymond Centolella to Chief Fire Marshal at a ceremony at City Hall Today.
Chief Brooks says this is one of the most important positions within the department and the city.
Here's a list of some of the duties the Chief Fire Marshal is responsible for:
- Determining the cause and origin at every fire within the city, and assist with cause and origin investigations outside the city when asked.
- Heading up the Arson Task Force when an arson occurs.
- He will be in charge of all codes programs within the fire department including managing up to 100 fire department codes inspectors.
- Oversee the New York State required elevator program.
- Oversee State required assembly regulations.
- Supervise all educational programs at city schools.
- Work with the Refugee Center to ensure all refugees that come to Utica are educated in fire safety.