Winter Storm Watch For Central New York This Weekend
Another winter storm is on the way in Central New York. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch from Sunday morning evening through Monday Afternoon.
WINTER STORM WATCH - SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON
* LOCATIONS...Onondaga, Madison, Oneida, Chenango, Otsego, Delaware CountiES
* ACCUMULATIONS...Snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches...along with around a trace of ice.
* TIMING...Snow, mixed at times with sleet and freezing rain will Move in Sunday morning and persist through the day before changing to all snow Sunday night. The snow may fall heavy at times Sunday night into early Monday before winding down to flurries Monday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Snow and ice accumulations will make many roads treacherous and impassable. Strong winds will lead to blowing snow, reduced visibility, and even the potential for power outages.
* WINDS...Southeast 10 to 20 mph Sunday increasing to northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph Monday.
* TEMPERATURES...In the teens.