Have You Tried the Mohawk Valley Moonshine from Herkimer?
Mohawk Valley Moonshine is made right here in Central New York. This local take on a southern style favorite began on a starry night with a backyard fire between friends over a glass of whiskey.
Beth Stack and Eric Boyer are the brains behind the DikinDurt Distillery and it is a first for Herkimer County. It took two years of planning, but the dream that was born that Fall evening became a reality in 2014 when they finally opened their doors and their bottles. Their product is already available in many liquor stores and locations around the area including:
- Summit Hill Liquor - Newport
- Ramar Liquors - Herkimer
- Ilion Wine & Spirits - Ilion
- Happen Inn - Little Falls
- Valley Wine & Liquors - Herkimer
- The Ole V.I. - Herkimer
- Seneca Wine & Liquor - New Hartford
- Elks Lodge - Little Falls
- Cangees - Herkimer
- Fairways Restaurant @ Mohawk Valley Country Club - Little Falls
DikinDurt is expected to release a full line of flavored moonshines by the end of August 2015.
Get a Behind the Scenes Glance at The DikinDurt Distillery: