More Than 150 New Troopers Graduate From Across New York State
More than 150 new Troopers from across New York state graduated on Wednesday.
The graduation ceremony was held at the Empire State Plaza Convention Hall in Albany
158 Troopers graduated from the 207th session of the Basic School of the New York State Police Academy.
The troopers took part in 26 weeks of classwork and training.
The new troopers will report for field duty on November 19th.
"These new Troopers have answered the call and dedicated themselves to selflessly serving the people of New York State," Governor Andrew Cuomo said. "I commend these men and women for their hard work over the last 26 weeks and for their commitment to public service. Our state will be safer with these members joining the ranks and enforcing our laws."
Here's a list of local graduates with their Troop assignments:
- Kimberly Albright of Whitesboro, Troop B
- Matthew Hammill of Rome, Sean Hulser of Utica, Matthew Kaido of Rome, Meho Music of Utica, Vincent Rinaldo of Canastota and Matthew Wright of Cazenovia, Troop C
- Justin Guba of Marcy, Troop D
- Luke Newton of Oneida, Troop K
- Bradley Kaiding; West Leyden
Trooper Tapulei Vaveao of Adams, NY will be assigned to Troop D in Oneida.