Ten Arrested in Prostitution Sting in Utica
An investigation was conducted recently into alleged prostitution in Utica.
Utica Police have announced that, as of May 22, 2015 at least ten people were arrested on prostitution-related charges as a result of the latest crackdown.
During the investigations members of the UPD posed as "johns" or prostitutes.
The following, all Utica residents, face the charge of "Patronizing a Prostitute (misdemeanor):"
- Raji Acevevo (21 years old) (Acevevo was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor)
- Zijad Bajrektarevic (53 years old)
- Pa Htoo (32 years old)
- Richard Sylvester (55 years old)
- Nery Tun-Pablo (39 years old)
The following Utica residents are now facing the charge of "Loitering for the Purpose of Engaging in Prostitution, a second offense, misdemeanor" and "Prostitution, misdemeanor:"
- Amber Clark (61 years old) (no photo available)
- Gesika Koster (20 years old)
- Gloria Morrison (38 years old)
- Lisa Scharborough (47 years old) (Scharborough was also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance)
- Yolanda Velardi (50 years old)
[EDITOR's NOTE: All charges listed are allegations, and suspects arrested are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.]
Want to connect with this reporter?
Subscribe to the WIBX Channel on YouTube for videos and behind the scenes footage.