Worn Out Smartphone Charger Causes Utica Fire
Four people have been displaced from their home following a house fire on Conkling Avenue in Utica.
According to the Utica Fire Department, the blaze began at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
When crews arrived nothing was visible initially, but within seconds smoke and flames were visible in the second floor bedroom window.
Fire officials say the fire was caused by a worn cell phone charger that had bare wires exposed and in contact with bedding.
The Red Cross is providing assistance to those displaced and no injuries were reported.