An Annsville man is in the hospital after after being trapped in his burning home.

According to Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol, Sheriff's deputies responded to a domestic incident call at the home just after midnight this morning.

Before deputies arrived, they say the house became engulfed by fire with Michael Zavaro, 53, trapped inside.

Zavaro had to be airlifted from Rome Memorial Hospital to Upstate Medical Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.

Police say an investigation into the fire and domestic incident is ongoing.