Keeler Show Notes for Monday, March 9th, 2015
Monday, March 9th, 2015
Today we talk with John Pitarresi about Syracuse Basketball and the penalties from the NCAA. We will also have, in studio, Chris Salatino who is President of the Utica School Board.
This Day in History: Click Here
- Our soda machine has issues, Utica Comets split 2 games, big penalties for Boeheim and Syracuse, and we preview guests for the day.
- Jim Boeheim got emotional during a speech he gave at The Hardwood Club dinner. He plans on appealing the decision that was made to remove 108 wins from his record, which brought him from 2nd all-time for wins down to 6th.
- Critics of Cuomo are coming out against his decision to pay $400,000 for vehicles that aren't even being used. These vehicles are flatbeds that were intended for flood relief purposes, however they've never been used. We also check in with Ken Boone from the Weather Channel in for Ray Stagich. Bill also discusses his Atkins diet.
- We go over some crazy stories including the traffic reporter who got caught in a drive thru and a kid in Illinois invited a ton of people to his Bar Mitzvah with a parody to the song 'Happy.' Also, many more crazy stories.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade, Bill de Blasio, a solar plane flys around the world, and Lindsey Graham talks Hillary Clinton's email account. We also talk about the shirt that insults women and the toddler who had a chop stick in it's head for 10 days.
David Torrance - Workplace Culture Expert
- David is President of Renaissance Executive Forums and he is on to talk about how you can handle a hothead boss.
They Say It's Your Birthday!
Happy Birthday to Maggie Addington, Lacey Dryier, and Leah Kimball! The cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop will go to Maggie Addington from Boonville!
John Pitarresi - Utica OD
- We have John from the OD on to talk about Syracuse Basketball and the NCAA penalties put on them. He gives his reasons as to why he thinks it happened and what will come out of this.
Mike Volz - Killabrew Saloon
- Mike is on to talk about his Beerd and Mustache contest. We'll be looking for competitors with beards in multiple categories for beards, even women! The event is Saturday, March 21st at 9 p.m. For more details on the event and you can submit a photo of our beard now for a prize online at http://wibx950.com/killabrew-keelers-choice-beerd-mustache-awards/.
Ron Moshier - Utica OD
- Before we get to Ron we talk about a guy who has been having house egged every week. They can't figure out who it is behind it. Then we talk to Ron about High School basketball. It was a big weekend for Boy's Class Champions in Sectionals for New York Mills and Waterville.
- We readdress the Jim Boeheim speech at a dinner over the weekend and how he got choked up a little bit.
- Everyones favorite new contest is "Stump Rondenelli." We will ask Jim a series of trivia questions to give someone the chance to win a Holland Farms Coffee and Half Moon, plus a nice WIBX prize pack.
Jeff Birnbaum - FOX News Analyst
- Before we get to Jeff, Stefan calls up to ask about the Killebrew Beerd and Mustache contest.
- We talk to Jeff about the Hillary Clinton email scandal, what's the latest, and what does this mean for her presidential candidacy?
- After we talk to Jeff Birnbaum, we announce the winners of the incentives from the Radiothon.
- Do you want to make deep fried Cadbury Creme Eggs? Here is the recipe: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2015/02/deep-fried-cadbury-eggs.html.
Have a great day!