Keeler Show Notes for Tuesday, April 22nd
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- What is the 22 degree halo and has it ever happened in the United States? Hilarious 911 call caused by the Ice Crystal circle around the sun.
- Bill apologizes for his comments about people in Rascal Scooters yesterday.
- Robert Channing/America's Got Talent News Coming Soon!
- Racist Easter Eggs? A white supremacist group plants Easter eggs for an egg hunt with racial slurs and messages on them.
- How much incense is too much in church?
- Was it too hot yesterday? Some of our staff (*Cough,* BILL, *Cough*) thought at some points it was too warm yesterday.
- Boston Marathon ran yesterday and for the first time since Greg Meyer in 1983, an America took the title. His name is Meb Keflezighi and he's 38 years old. He finished with a time of 2 hours and 8 minutes.
- Woman living in Boston did not win.
Ray Stagich From The Weather Channel!
- What exactly is a 22 degree halo?
- Rain today...
- Talking Milkshakes and where to get the best one, which will segue into our controversial topic for the day.
- One career sky diver's 351st jump was his last due to a parachute failure.
- 16-year-old kid climbs into wheel well and flies to Hawaii despite sub-zero temperatures and lack of oxygen. Kristine talks about the history of wheel well stow aways.
- Robert Channing News: He has been spotted in an "America's Got Talent" Promo, which seems to indicate he will be seen on TV.
- Stewart's Bread and Butter? Bill seems to think that's the name and Andrew doesn't agree.
- Mario calls in to discuss 16 year-old kid climbing into the wheel well of that plane to Hawaii.
Brian Thomas of The Utica Planning Board
- Brian discusses concerns that citizens in the community have with the location of the potential Stewart's and what the Planning Board's take on it is.
- Tim Trent and Angela Mescall are IN STUDIO to discuss their opposition of the current potential site for the Stewart's Shop.
They Say It's Your Birthday!
Abby Foster from Remsen
Howard Bender! You get the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop!
Happy Belated Birthday to:
Bob Roberts from Remsen
Nicholas Polnak from Whitesboro
Pat Walchusky from Utica
Tim Trent and Angel Mescall - In Studio
Here Is The Map Of The Neighborhood and The Stewart's Sight
- Many of the neighbors in the area called in and are against the Stewart's going in there. Many people showing their concerns and opinions.
Stewart's Shop Discussion Continues...
- More people call in to give opinions including Utica Councilman Frank Vescera.
Mark Caswell Jr. - Utica Comets
- Before getting to Mark we recapped and finished off Stewart's Shop discussion.
- Mark talked about the season and where The Comets are going from here. Now the focus of the Summer is to bring some big name concerts and acts to the AUD.
Nick Wells - Anheuser Busch Senior GM
- Nick is from the Baldwinsville plant and is promoting their new product, The Johnny Appleseed Hard Cider.
- Andrew "Do-Dos" a song and listener has to guess. Nick called up and with a little help got two out of the three.