New York Fall Foliage 2016 Predictions
Looking to enjoy the beautiful colors of fall here in Upstate New York? When will everything be at peak? Here's a few predictions:
Sara's Guide predicts fall colors arriving in Central New York around the last two weeks of September:
- Adirondack Mountains & Catskills: fall foliage peak last 2 weeks of September
- Chautauqua / Allegheny: fall foliage peak last week in September and 1st week of October
- Leatherstocking & Finger Lakes Region: fall foliage first 2 weeks in October
- 1000 Islands, Niagara Falls & Northern Finger Lakes: fall foliage peak 2nd and 3rd weeks of October
- Hudson Valley & Capital Region: fall foliage peak 2nd and 3rd weeks of October
- Southern Hudson Valley: fall foliage foliage peak last 2 weeks in October
- NYC & Long Island: fall foliage foliage peak last week in October and first week in November"
The Farmer's Almanac predicts the dates of September 28th -October 28th, depending on elevation and distance from the coast, for fall colors.
Will Fall time be shorter this year? Unfortunately it looks that way due to the weather.
BONUS VIDEO- The Falls at Chittenango Falls State Park in Autumn