One person was killed in a fire in Madison County.

The Madison County Sheriff's Office says the fire on Cottons Road in the Town of Lincoln was reported just before 11:00 last night.

They say preliminary indications show that the fire may have been electrical in nature.

The name of the victim has not yet been released.

The fire remains under investigation.

UPDATED 10:57 A.M.- The victim has not been positively identified, but authorities say she was about 90 years old.

An autopsy will be conducted this afternoon.

The fire started in the rear section of the mobile home.

Deputies say use of electric space heaters and an electric blanket on the same circuit likely caused the fire.

More From WIBX 950