Dog Blamed in Fire That Destroyed Conklin Home
Investigators believe a blaze that ripped through a Broome County residence was caused by a family pet.
The fire at the Pride Manor Mobile Home Park at 1832 Conklin Road in Conklin was reported around 8:20 a.m. Thursday.
Authorities say a mother walked her children to the bus stop and returned to see smoke pouring from the structure.
Broome County senior fire investigator Brian Botsford said the fire apparently was the result of a dog jumping up onto a stove and turning it on.
No injuries were reported in the blaze, which was reported under control after about 40 minutes.
Conklin firefighters were assisted by units from several other departments including Kirkwood, Five Mile Point, West Windsor, Town of Binghamton and Hallstead.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.