Keeler Show Notes for Friday, February 10th, 2017
Friday, February 10th, 2017
6 AM Hour
- Tonya J. Powers of Fox News Radio updates us on the winter storm hammering the Tri-state area.
- Before we talk to Rachel Sutherland of Fox News Radio, we get a live weather update from Rachael Witter of Eyewitness News. Then, Rachel Sutherland updates us on the 9th circuit court decision on the travel ban.
- Our favorite part of the week is Weekend Movie Reviews with Willie Waffle.
Here at this weekends opening flicks and his ratings:
Fifty Shades Darker - More kinky! More sex! More dreadful! - Zero Waffles
The Lego Batman Movie - Batman adopts a young boy and does battle with The Joker. - Three and a Half Waffles
John Wick: Chapter 2 - Wick doesn't want to repay a favor, but if he doesn't, there will be hell to pay. -
7 AM Hour
- Joe Marino from the Utica Common Council joins us this morning to talk about the latest letter from Purcell Construction asking for the opportunity to make a counter-offer if another business goes in there.
- Austen Givens is a Cyber Security professor at Utica College. He is on to discuss a number of topics including the new area code, phone scams, and the recent announcement of a lawsuit filed against Time Warner/Spector.
- Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi joins us this morning. We talk about a number of topics including his thoughts on the Betsy DeVos confirmation, Uber, and the new area code.
- Celeste calls up to comment on Claudia Tenney's lack of a phone number and her refusal to deal with her constituents.
8 AM Hour
- CVA Superintendent Rich Hughes is on to give us an update on the threat of Bed Bugs in the district buildings. They will be using dogs to actually sniff for the possible pest.
- Scot Hayes from NY Sash is on this morning to give us a preview of the Home Show this weekend. It's at the Turning Stone Event Center and if you're looking to do some home improvements, you need to get there and see all they have to offer.
- Jason and Jamie Robinson are here with the JRob Foundation. They provide adaptive sports equipment for kids with disabilities. They are having their 2nd annual Gala and they are in to promote it.
- Ed Welsh joins us to talk about the fact that AAA is now offering auto insurance in New York and they are offering a huge deal on a Paris Cruise that will take your breath away.
- We are joined by State Senator Robert Ortt who is sponsoring a bill to repeal the Safe Act outside of NYC. Assemblyman Marc Butler calls in to elaborate.