Keeler Show Notes for Friday, March 13th, 2015
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Today we will talk to a number of Assembly members on the state budget. Also, many fear Friday the 13th, but not Colgate University. We'll talk to someone from Colgate on why they love this day so much.
This Day in History: Click Here
- We start the morning off talking about the state budget and we will get three perspectives on this. Also, we talk a little more about that letter that was sent to Iran that undermined the presidency.
- Andrew talks about an odd voicemail he got from Bill, a local fallen hero was mourned yesterday, and we're excited about the parade tomorrow and the party at the Radisson afterward featuring Fritz's Polka Band.
- Eric Holder comments on Ferguson shootings, a woman at an NBA game gets hit in the face with a basketball, and some middle school basketball players stuck up for their cheerleader with down syndrome when people were picking on her. See the full story: http://wibx950.com/basketball-players-leave-game-to-defend-bullied-girl-with-down-syndrome/. We also talk to Ray Stagich from the Weather Channel.
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Reviews
Cinderella - A live action version of the story, with a Frozen short film playing beforehand.
Run All Night - Liam Neeson has to protect his kid from a mobster (Ed Harris). No Frozen short film plays before this movie. Darn.
- Bill also gripes about the opening credits on Netflix shows.
Before you go to the movies, make sure you go to http://wafflemovies.com.
Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney
- We speak with Claudia about the state budget and she is disappointed with the fact that some regulations were voted down including the term limits bill. We also talk with her about when bills are voted on and the marathon sessions. We discuss a number of other issues.
We now move to...
Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
- Anthony gives his take on the state budget and he believes there are a lot of good things in the budget for Central New York. He also talks about elements of the SAFE Act, education, and more.
- The Killabrew is holding The Beerd and Mustache night next Friday at 9pm. For more details: http://wibx950.com/killabrew-keelers-choice-beerd-mustache-awards/.
Truth or Crap!
- We give three awesome listeners the chance to win dinner for 2 and Holland Farms!
Assemblyman Marc Butler
- Before we get to Marc, we talk to William. We talk to Assemblyman Butler about why he voted 'NO' on the budget, though there were some things he liked about it. Some issues he had included minimum wages and the SAFE Act.
Jen Stone - Colgate University
- Jen is the Director of Leadership Giving at Colgate University and they love Friday the 13th, because it stems from years of tradition. In recent years they take their love of Friday the 13th (Colgate Day) to give back!
- Eric is a fascinating person. He has a Ph.D. from Oxford University, a Rhodes Scholar, former US Navy Seal, and the list goes on. He has written a book called Resilience: Hard-Won Wisdom for Living a Better Life. We also talk to him about the 'American Sniper,' Chris Kyle and the issue of PTSD.