Keeler Show Notes for Friday, October 10th, 2014
- Kim Jong-un has been missing for a while. He failed to attend a special memorial for his father and grandfather. The leader of North Korea is no where to be found and Dennis Rodman is distraught.
- Jan Hooks of 'Saturday Night Live' has passed away at the age of 57 years old.
- The Syracuse Orange have a new Offensive Coordinator and a new quarterback too.
- Big games as well this Sunday especially the Buffalo Bills vs. The New England Patriots.
- This is the last day you can get in on our weight-loss challenge in which you can win $500 courtesy of the Hobika Law Firm. Also, starting on Monday you will have the opportunity to win $100 twice a day.
- If you're going to be riding on an airplane don't joke about bombs and now, you can't joke about having Ebola. The stewardess made an announcement over the PA on the plane and called the guy who joked about it on a plane from Philadelphia to the Dominican Republic.
Here is the Video:
- If you want to get your vote in for the weight loss challenge today is the final day. You don't need to come on the air. All you have to do is call up 736-0186 and tell Andrew your guess.
- There was an incident recently involving the family of Sarah Palin and it involved a limousine and punches being thrown.
- Also, there is a terrible story of a man who returned from the Turning Stone to find his children dead. He is facing charges because of the fact there was a generator running in the basement.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us his Weather Channel forecast for the weekend!
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Reviews
- Dracula Untold - The story of Dracula. The untold one.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - One kid thinks he has the worst day ever, but everyone in his family is having the same.
- The Judge - Robert Downey Jr needs to go home and defend his father Robert Duvall when the old man is charged with murder. And they never got along in the first place.
David Taylor - Gas and Oil Expert
- By Christmas we may see prices drop to the lowest we've seen in a long time.
- According to David there are some places where gas prices are at $3 a gallon, even.
- More fuel-efficient cars may play a role, but we wonder to if it has to do with election season. There are some politics involved based on where the supply is, but it has a lot to do with oil prices.
Brandon Lang - Week 6 NFL Picks
- We ask him about the Bills vs. Patriots and he's not on the Patriots band wagon and he's going Bills plus the points.
- The Jets are a team you want to stay away from because they're unpredictable.
- You want to probably take the over on the Giants vs. Eagles game.
- Brandon's Pick of the Week is Miami over Green Bay plus the points.
- We scratch the surface of the Proctor issue of rescheduling the homecoming game from Friday night under the lights to Saturday afternoon.
- This is the last week of the weight loss challenge so get your votes in at 736-0186.
- We continue to talk about the Sarah Palin limousine controversy.
- We talk about the issue of gay marriage and Mike Huckabee how he may leave the Republican Party if they continue to fight marriage equality.
- Jenifer Bowman calls up to talk about the AK5K taking place at SUNY PI this Sunday. For registration information visit http://ak5k.org/.
Lisa Kelly - EarthCam
- EarthCam is an awesome new technology that is basically a giant security camera or tool for people who have never seen certain world landmarks. It is literally a camera (some with sound) that gives you a look at places like Washington D.C., Dublin, Niagra Falls, and even Las Vegas, New Mexico (Yes, New Mexico).
- To see the videos visit www.earthcam.com.
Utica College Field Hockey Team
- We have in studio Head Coach Sarah Ellman and Senior Nikki Kieffer who is also a member of the Women's Ice Hockey Team. They have a 10-1 record right now and have upset some big teams.
- Nikki is a Rome native and loves being from the area and playing locally.
- We talk about what the future plans are for the Field Hockey team and no matter what happens they have confidence to go as far as they can.
Chris Salatino - President of the Utica School Board
- The Proctor vs. RFA Homecoming game has been moved from Friday night to Saturday night. Christopher Salatino says the main concern is safety of everyone on both sides.
- There are no real issues after the games, but because of the incidents that can occur they just want kids to be safe.
- Chris can't believe that some parents are upset over the fact that they are concerned about concerns for children safety.
- We transition into the Extended School Day and where that is progressing.
- This may carry into years in the future.
Wrapping Up For The Day
- We get our picks from JoJo who is doing great this season and he gives his college picks. He also makes his picks about security at games.
- Jean O'Toole will come back to join us on Monday as we ran out of time.