Keeler Show Notes for Monday, September 29th, 2014
Videos Of The Day (Some Are NSFW *Language*)
- We discuss to start off the morning our weight loss challenge. It's Bill, Jeff, and Andrew competing. We are laying out the terms live on the air. The third place finisher will pay $100 to a charity of choice, the second place finisher will pay $50 to a charity of choice, and the listener who guesses the winner could win $500.
- We will do the first weigh in today.
- We discuss the Syracuse/Notre Dame game and the Orange, despite losing, played really well.
- On Derek Jeter: We discuss Derek Jeter's final performance at Fenway and of his career. He got an RBI single to complete his career. Red Sox fans cheer and give him a standing ovation.
- Derek Jeter's father never let him win in anything. Would Jeter be who he is today if his Dad let him in something. His father never let him win at anything.
- Sarah Palin gave a speech over the weekend and she was ripping on the President and the White House. If you're going to rip on the White House, you should probably get the address correct. According to her, the address is 1400 Pennsylvania Ave.
- The National's on the final game of the season pitched a no-hitter which we don't think has ever happened.
- We talk about President Obama's interview on 60 Minutes and he actually sounded very Presidential.
- We also talk about a girl in another country who peeled a banana and discovered over 50 spiders in the banana. It's awful.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- We discuss with Ray Stagich the creepy spider banana and the copper head snake he once found in his garage.
- Ray gives us his daily forecast. We have mild to warmer temperatures coming this week and we may have some wet weather, so not as good as this past week and weekend.
Jim Piccola - NYS DOT
- Jim Piccola is on today to give us an update on the arterial project. They will be shifting lanes of the arterial to the east so they can work on a few things.
- He also gives us an update on what roads and highways are closed down one of which is Court Street.
Frank Vescera - Utica Councilman
- Frank Vescera is on today to respond to the comments made both in emails to the media and the comments on the show on Friday.
- Before we continued with Mr. Vescera, we discuss the Pre-Weight Loss Challenge behavior of Andrew.
- We continue with Frank about the Master Plan Committee.
They Say It's Your Birthday...
- Heather Stroich from Clinton
- Bruce Maurer from Rome
- Anna Carroll from Utica
- Chris Vescera
Congratulations to Heather Stroich from Clinton. You win the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop.
Frank Vescera Continued
- We continue discussion about the Master Plan Committee.
- Frank discusses why he feels he should be the new Utica Common Council President. He believes Frank Meola does not handle the meetings in a professional way.
- He is all in for a debate with Mr. Meola in studio.
- Frank also talks about what exactly the Common Council President does.
Weight Loss Challenge Weigh In
- We do the first weigh in for our seven-week weight loss challenge.
- Andrew: 246 lbs.
- Jeff: 261 lbs.
- Bill 196 lbs.
- We will be taking guesses all week long and some guesses have already come in.
Blaise Faggiano - Utica College Football Coach
- We talk to Coach Blaise Faggiano about their 4-0 start and how well he says his players did. They really did. Back and forth the first half but a good second half play from the defense and running backs leading to a 42-28 victory.
Ron Moshier - Utica OD
- Before we get to Ron, Eric and Tom Heiland from Utica Mack call in to give their picks.
- Ron talks about the Utica College game briefly despite not being able to see or cover it, but he continues to be impressed.
- Ron gives us a recap of the big high school games over the weekend including New Hartford, Frankfort, Herkimer, and Notre Dame to name a few.
Lt. Steve Hauck - GPO Federal Credit Union Robbery
- Lt. Hauck talks about how beneficial a nosy neighbor can be. We talk about the importance of reporting something that looks out of the ordinary because you never know.
- We will talk more about this topic with Lt. Hauck after the break. If anyone has any information on this robbery please call 223-3510. All calls will remain anonymous.
Continuing With Steve Hauck
- Lt. Hauck continues to explain what the procedure is for bank robberies and why the schools were locked down.
- He gives tips as to what to do if you find yourself in a situation like this.
- Jeff asks Lt. Hauck about why the amount of money is never released and bank security in general.
- Frank calls up to give Lt. Hauck an immense amount of credit and kudos for the job he does and all local law enforcement agencies.
Wrapping Up For The Day
- We talk about who is the favorite and who is the underdog in the contest and who is the favorite and who the listeners feel will win and right now all signs point to Andrew.
- Stefan calls up to thank Steve Hauck for what he does and to apologize for all the headaches he's caused.