Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, April 24th
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
- Preview of what to come including Culture Fest, Schools Budgets, Bobby Bacala Jr. from the Soprano's, and more.
- Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda had an incident last night. He had pine tar on his hands to prevent slipping and because of it, he was ejected and given a 10-game suspension. He did not deny it. He admitted to using it due to the fact his hands were numb.
- Andrew does not like the Yankees! He was a fan until they signed Alex Rodriguez. Now he hates Major League Baseball.
- Dennis was the most recent winner of the Do-Do Contest, where Andrew "Do-Dos" a song and the contestant has to guess what it is. It's something we ripped off of Hollywood Game Night on NBC.
- Pineda discussion continues.
- Review of the story we covered yesterday about the child molester who was wearing the GPS anklet when he got caught on his way to abuse another child.
Ray Stagich from the Weather Channel
- A decent rest of the week into the weekend, but not great.
Christina Steurrys - Vice President of the Rome Teacher's Association
- It's starting to get brighter earlier. That makes many people happy and a sure sign the Summer is soon approaching.
- Christina was on to discuss the Rome School Budget and the possibility of teacher's being cut. She believes that it's some of the administrator's that should be cut, not the teachers.
School Budget Discussion Continues
- We had one listener call up to give his true thoughts which ended up turning into a whole separate segment.
Juanita Bass - Culture Fest
- Juanita was in to talk about the upcoming Culture Fest and talked about her time growing up and dealing with racism. Juanita is this year's "Julian Noga Cultural Ambassador of the Year for 2014.
Juanita Brought Us Some Excellent Po-Pies
Steve Schirripa AKA Bobby Bacala from 'The Sopranos'
- Steve played Bobby Bacala on the hit HBO series "The Sopranos." He discussed briefly about his time on the show and problems with today's youth and his new show "Kharma's A Bitch." He also promoted his new sauces he's got coming out.
Meghan Fraser - F.x. Matt Brewery
- Discussing Tap NY and the fact that Saranac will have several beers there. We're glad to be talking beer and Summer
Jared Halpern - FOX News Correspondent
- Jared Halpern talked about the two big Supreme Court decisions including Affirmative Action.
Continuing Beer Talk with Meghan Fraser from F.x. Matt
- Home brewers, regulations, and Saranac Thursday soon approaching!
Culture Fest and Dialect Discussion Continues
- Jeff wasn't too pleased with Bobby Bacala's pronunciation of "Marinara" sauce. This led to a discussion of the different ways to say Italian foods and ingredients.
Chef Corey Leach from Cafe Crete
- Chef Corey is the head chef at Cafe Crete in New Hartford by The Home Depot. Some good Mediterranean food will be part of Culture Fest at the Stanley Theatre.
- Before we got to Chef Corey, we talked again about Lupita Nyong'o, Academy Award winner, talking about how beautiful she is.
- Cafe Crete has true Mediterranean not just Greek or Turkish.
Here are some of the dishes Chef Corey brought in:
Erin Hamlin To Throw Out First Pitch At Citi Field Today
- Erin Hamlin will be throwing out the first pitch at the Met's game tonight versus the Cardinals.
- To wrap things up we discussed the Congressional Primary race which is heating up!