Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, February 19th, 2015
Thursday, February 19th, 2015
Today we will speak with John Zogby for the first time in a little while, Chris Boucher with the latest on the legalized marijuana debate, and Jessica Mott who is making $500,000 per year doing other people's homework.
- Will we keep the subzero temperature streak alive? Frank Calends (Morgan Freeman) reads A-Rod's apology letter, more ISIS stuff, and Vanilla Ice is in the news, and Scott Pelley announces a new Dr. Seuss book will be released.
Truth or Crap
- We start off early with a little 'Truth or Crap' for Tom's chance to win a gift certificate to Carmella's and get in the running for a nice package from the Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce's Sweater Ball on Friday, February 27th at Vernon Downs.
- The CNY People's Choice Awards nominations are in and now you need to vote! We have everything from best bartender, to best pizza! You can vote online by visiting http://wibx950.com/greater-utica-area-peoples-choice-voting/.
- We have been getting calls from a woman who has not been able to get out of her home and Jeff has been bringing her food, but now her request has become a bit odd.
John Zogby - Zogby Analytics
- John is back in the country and gives us his insight and thoughts on the ISIS situation.
- Kristy (our traffic girl) comes in to scold us over the cherry pie filling woman.
- Pat from Mohawk wins tickets to see Craig Ferguson next Wednesday at the Turning Stone and we talk about ISIS, and other news stories from across the country.
- We talk about the story out of New Jersey where a teacher slept with 6 different male students. In another story, a principal was set up going to a students house. Also, there is sad news regarding Aunt Jemima syrup. Apparently, she was a real person and they're cutting off the family of the original Aunt Jemima. Aunt Jemima is buried in Syracuse, NY. We also tell you where NOT to put your pistol.
Chris Boucher - Marijuana Expert
- Chris is an expert on medicinal marijuana and he's on to tell us about Marijuana Awareness Month and the benefits of the different cannabis plants.
Jessica Mott - PayMeToDoYourHomeWork.com
- Jessica makes $500,000 a year doing other people's homework. What started out as a way to make money, because she was on unemployment, turned into a successful business with over 7,000 clients and 75-100 independent contractors.
- We talk about political correctness and use the metaphor of Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas. Obama may be doing more harm by trying to be overly politically correct. We take some calls on this.
Truth or Crap Part 2
- We give Lauri the chance to win dinner for 2 at Carmella's and get in the running for that Sweater Ball package.