Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, January 22nd, 2015
Thursday, January 22nd, 2015
Today we talk with Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi and Chris Salatino about a lawsuit being filed by the City of Utica Schools against the state and we talk craft beer with Fred Matt and Rob DeMaria (Owner of the Prism Brewing Company).
- 3 Utica Comets players will be in the AHL All-Star Classic starting roster, Sheldon Silver may face indictment today for corruption, and Governor Cuomo delivers State of the State address and budget forecast.
- Tom Brady's laugh is suspicious and awfully guilty. Bill took that laugh and put it to good use.
- Utica not mentioned in State of the State and Bill gets some interesting news from his doctor regarding the future of life expectancy. Somehow Andrew's voice reminds Jeff of Big Ange from Mob Wives.
- Ray Stagich from the Weather Channel gives us his forecast for the rest of the week and weekend.
- Coming soon is Go Red For Women Day in Utica. We are asking for homes and businesses to turn outside lights red to raise awareness of the #1 killer of women, heart disease. For more details: http://wibx950.com/encouraging-a-temporary-red-light-district/.
Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
- The Assemblyman is on to discuss the Utica City School District lawsuit against the state and other issues the local area is facing. We also ask him about Sheldon Silver.
Fred Matt and Rob DeMaria
- Fred is the owner of the Saranac Brewery and Rob DeMaria is the owner of the Prism Brewing Company. Fred found out that this Prism trademark existed and made a call to Rob and turns out they are going to collaborate possibly on a beer.
- Bill plays for us again his Tom Brady Laugh/Defalte Gate song parody.
- Drones are becoming more and more common and now they have another use.
- We talk about other quarterback preferences and other football type controversies including more on the #DeflateGate. Joe Hobika calls up to give his opinion.
Chris Salatino - Utica School Board President
- Chris is the Utica City School District School Board President and he's on to talk about the changes coming to the district and to comment on the lawsuit being filed against the state.
Meghan Fraser and John Naegele
- Meghan is working with the Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce and she is in to promote the Sweater Ball coming to Vernon Downs on February 27th. For more details visit: http://www.greateruticachamber.org/.
- Naegele is in to share with us the Craft Beer of the Week and today it is Saranac's Prism!
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente
- We have Mr. Picente on to talk about his reaction to the Governor's State of the State Address and what his expectations are for the state this year.