Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, September 25th, 2014
- A Grand Jury has decided that Tony Stewart was not criminally responsible for the death of Kevin Ward Jr.
- The Ontario County District Attorney did release the information that Kevin Ward Jr. was under the influence of Marijuana during the race.
- We discuss the different scenarios and opinions in regards to this decision and this issue.
- We take calls on the issue as well.
Kevin Ward Jr. Discussion Continues
- We take a few more calls on the Kevin Ward Jr. incident and the Marijuana issue.
- A professional drummer calls in to talk about how he used it before he would perform and at some point he realized he would zone on it and it would negatively effect his performance.
- Bill opens up about his own brother's death who was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was going 50 mph and someone pulled out in front of him. The point is that because the insurance company tried to fight it, it kept reopening the wounds for Bill's family. Bill shares this because he can't imagine what the Ward family is going through.
- Bill wants to talk to Hobika about this because we need to know the legal ramification of this situation.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- We talk Disney and Booze with Ray and get an awesome forecast for the week and weekend with no signs of rain for the next 5 days.
- Vicki is the Director of the Mother Marianne West Side Soup Kitchen and they are holding a fundraising event at the kitchen. It will be a talent/variety show that showcases some impressive young talent and all proceeds benefit the kitchen. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children.
- Derek Jeter's last game at Yankee Stadium is tonight and we talk about the little girl whose father caught the Derek Jeter ball and gave it to his daughter and she threw it back on to the field.
- This leads to a discussion of the value of autographed memorabilia which then leads to a discussion of Bill's trip to Venezuela.
- Bill loves his brand new iPhone! There was an update that was released yesterday that screwed up some phones.
- We talk about the iPhone and how it will bend if you put it in your tight jeans. People are complaining about you being able to bend your phone.
- Bill responds to iPhone haters.
They Say It's Your Birthday...
- Ella Brutsky from Clayville! Congrats, you win the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop.
Joe Hobika - Stewart/Ward Jr. Case
- We have Joe on to talk about the legal side of this grand jury decision and situation.
- Joe explains what the Grand Jury was looking for and what their objective was.
- We ask Joe also about what the civil case will be like and what we can expect from both sides.
- Joe feels the biggest factor in the case was the fact that Kevin Ward Jr. got out of the car.
- Joe Hobika discusses with more detail the factor of the Marijuana.
Rob Astorino - GOP Gubernatorial Candidate
- We give Mr. Astorino the opportunity to clarify his statements about NANO Utica.
- He does want good jobs in Utica and everywhere in the state.
- We ask him about his tax returns and finances and he talks about what he's released despite the fact that he's not allowed to.
- Rob Astorino closes by saying he's friends with Tony Picente, the water is under the bridge and he reminds us one more time that the state is not in a good state and we need to make major changes in Albany.
- We talk about the Rob Astorino interview and another Tweet from Astorino campaign manager Michael Lawler. He claimed that Utica ranks second to last in terms of job growth. The truth is the rank is 326 instead of 362.
Lori Vann - Teen Tracking Apps
- There are apps available for your smartphone that are able to track where your teens are at every moment using GPS.
- Lori talks about the issue of trust and other issues with parents being too overprotective. She does understand that teens make bad decisions and lie, but it's not always a good thing to overly monitor your child.
- We do talk about how disturbing these apps can be, but their are pros and cons and two justifiable sides. It's a tough thing.
John Naegele - McCraith Beverage
- Naegele has brought us in some delicious Saranac Octoberfest and we talk about how to properly describe beer and the terms used to talk about beer.
- It's hard to say something is terrible because what you may find bad, may not be to others.
- We discuss the importance of pallet and Naegele recommends smelling your beer first so you can give your pallet a head start.
- We discuss specifically German beers.
- Tom calls up to talk about the pronunciation of caramel.
- We discuss the South Park episode that is all about the Washington Redskins. It gets real complex and they even use Roger Goodell audio in the episode.
- Have you ever heard of a Goodell-Bot?
- There was a woman in Oklahoma at a McDonald's when a guy walked up to the drive thru and they wouldn't serve him so he carjacks the woman behind him.
- Bill Simmons of ESPN was suspended for his tirade on Roger Goodell. His suspension is 3 weeks. He basically called Goodell a liar. His rant was profanity laden.
- Donnie Harrison, son of George Harrison, was on Conan O'Brien and he used his appearance on the show to get out of the ticket.
Charlo Greene - Owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club
- Charlo is the news reporter who said "Fu*k It" on the air when she quit to pursue her passion of legalizing marijuana.
- She feels a lot of the marijuana laws in place are racist.
- She hopes for Marijuana reform in Alaska.