Keeler Show Notes for Tuesday, May 13th
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
- How do you pronounce Reese's? The fact that there was a single package of tums in the vending machine between the Hershey's bar and Reese's sparked the debate.
- Casey Kasem has gone missing and a federal judged has ruled that an investigation begin so that he can be found.
- Donald Sterling has dug himself a bigger hold by attacking Magic Johnson and bringing up the fact that he has AIDs in Anderson Cooper interview
- More Audio from Donald Sterling interview with Anderson Cooper. His crazy thoughts can not be held back.
- He kept attacking Magic Johnson for the fact that he had AIDS. Donald Sterling has some serious issues.
- Michael Sam feels that he should have been drafted in the first three rounds. That begs the question how the draft ladder works.
- Jeff talks about a 4th round draft pick by the Giants who definitely should have gone sooner than he did.
- Jury selection begins for Clayton Whittemore trial. Whittemore is the man accused of killing Alex Kogut.
- Clay Aiken's democratic congressional primary opponent has passed away unexpectedly yesterday in his home. Here is the twist! If Clay does not beat his deceased opponent Keith Crisco, local democrats will select a candidate.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
Plate Night - Up NOW!
- A new episode will be released on Thursday and it is Kevin's Bistro in Frankfort. The first episode is already up.
- It was an emotional night for Danielle, Jeff's wife, because she's riding in the Ride For Missing Children and at last night's meeting she received a photo of the girl she was riding for.
- Scot Hayes is also riding and any amount of money raised at New York Sash, Scot will match those donations 100%.
Jim Simpson - Ride For Missing Children
- Talked about the history behind this event and the national attention it has gained.
- Talked about what goes into raising money for the Ride and what that money goes to.
- Talked about Sarah Anne Wood and her tragic case.
S.C. Sherman - Tebow vs. Sam
- S.C. talks about the differences and "double-standards" in regards to Tebow vs. Michael Sam.
- Should players pray after they've done something good on the football field and making money when there are kids dying of cancer?
- Clay Aiken's congressional primary opponent is dead. He died unexpectedly in his home yesterday.
- In regards to the Donald Sterling situation it begs the question, do attractive people get away with more than ugly people? Pretty people seem to get better treatment.
- There is a story of a cute 21 year old woman who killed a man because she was texting and her punishment was only a $500 fine.
Jim Piccola - Dept. of Transportation
- Jim gives us an update on road closings and delays.
- Also phase II of the arterial project has been contracted out and work should begin soon.
- Explains some more changes coming via the arterial project. We discussed the "K" ramp.
Michael Bosak - Landmarks Society
- Before getting to Mike we talked about Letterman in his final year. He did a bit about Donald Sterling.
- Mike is from the Landmarks society and there is a Gala taking place to honor the 100th year of the Train Station.
- Landmarks society was created to save the train station.
- Many historic events took place including Syracuse changing their colors and people coming and going from the station including Eleanor Roosevelt and Yankees players.
- We also discussed train traffic and changes that will come to Utica or maybe pass by them.
- The event will take place Saturday, May 31st @ 6:30 at the Trackside Restaurant. Advanced tickets are $50 per person or $60 at the door. You can get the tickets at the Stanley Theatre Box Office or by calling 724-4000.
Scot Hayes - NY Sash
- Scot is riding in the Ride For Missing Children and he will match any donations that are made at New York Sash.
- Scot also talks about where donations go that are made for the Ride. Scot talked about statistics and poster numbers.
- He also talked about the importance of your equipment when you are participating in the ride.
- Discusses the technology that helps age younger children that are abducted. Scot talks about a young girl that was abducted from Saratoga Springs that he is riding for.
Donald Sterling & Anderson Cooper
- We continue to dissect the interview of Donald Sterling by CNN's Anderson Cooper.
- Donald Sterling is clearly out of his mind.