Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, June 11th, 2014
Wednesday, June 11th, 2014
WIBX VIP Club Gripe of the Day is: Common Council
Hometown of the Day: Taberg
Newsmaker of the Day: Reynolds High School
Enter the VIP Club info here to earn points and win.
This Day in History: Click Here
- We start off with a little music courtesy of Bill and Andrew. Bill sings as Andrew plays the keyboard!
- Stewart's Shops is the focus of the latest parody and there is a controversy that has been brewing. There is also coffee brewing and Stewart's reps will be giving it away today for free at the proposed East Utica site.
- Bill gives a very well spoken and strong opinion of the Stewart's Shops situation in East Utica. The big vote is tonight and that is why Bill takes a strong stance. Don't let the city of Utica suffer, just to stick it to the Mayor.
- We have a nice Spring Time/Summer Time Rain out there.
- Donna calls up to talk about the VA in Syracuse. Her best friends mother fell and lost her bottom teeth. She had nothing bad to say about the VA Medical Center, but the problem she has is the government is not paying for the false teeth.
- Donna also talked about the poor performance of Obama and her disgust with the fact that Obama will get Bergdahl rescued and the soldier in Mexico is still not out.
- Further still Brian calls up to talk about his dad who is a Korean War Vet and he's been having foot problems. He says the treatment convicts get is better than what his dad is getting.
- Bill is excited about the hair growth pills that he has been taking and he is also excited to see Meghan Welker who is coming in to check on the status of his growth.
- Bill promotes what's to come.
- We talk about the latest from the Primary Republican Congress race and Tea Party latest.
- 5-year-old kid gives his prediction for the Rangers game outside MSG.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us a rainy forecast for the rest of the week, but it's looking real nice for this weekend! Just in time for FrogFest 2014 this Saturday. Get Your Tickets Here: http://wibx950.com/events-utica/wild-west-frogfest-and-rodeo-2014-presented-by-whites-farm-supply/14-june-2014-herkimer-county-fairgrounds/.
Peter Franklin - The Gabby Cabby
- Peter discusses the "True Tales" of New York City and gives his perspective on the Bowe Bergdahl story.
- Peter talks about his own children who are in the military. He stresses the importance of proper recruitment.
- Visit Peter's website at www.gabby.com.
Meghan Welker - The Last Tangle
- Meghan comes in only when Bill was ready, he wanted her to be surprised. She takes some more after pictures.
- Before we continue with Meghan, we talk to Bill's mom about the show she saw last night at the Stanley, "The Million Dollar Quartet." She loved it.
- We review the before and after pictures and there are definite results!
- The hair discussion continues. Bill's kids ironically have very thick hair!
- Bill will continue to take the hair growth supplements.
- For more information: Call Meghan at The Last Tangle @ 315-724-0004.
Tracey Brooks - President/CEO Family Planning Advocates of NY
- Before we got to Tracey, Bill gives his very strong opinion again about this Stewart's Shops situation.
- Tracey talks about how disappointed with the legislative progress this year for reproductive health for women.
- They can't get one New York Republican Senator to support women's health.
- Sometimes women who get pregnant, have to face tough decisions.
- Tracey gives a little insight into Obamacare and people losing their plans.
- Big upset for Eric Cantor losing to a Tea Party challenger in the Primary. You have to get out to vote. Anything can happen.
- We go to our man Ed who is down at the Stewart's Shops potential East Utica site, but first Bill gives his thoughts again and plays a wonderful song dedicated to the topic.
- Do people think that by angering the Mayor by voting "No" that he will change his ways?
- We go to Ed who is down at the potential site and Stewart's is giving away free coffee and donuts and Ed describes what the people that are against the Stewart's Shops are trying to protect, and that is a wooden shed and plywood.
- We brought up ice cream flavors and Stewart's is thinking of coming up with a Utica flavor. What are your thoughts?
What would you name a Utica ice cream?
- Chad calls up with his flavor the Boilermaker Brittle.
- Kristine runs down the list of flavors from our Facebook Page.
- Bill believes the people who come up with these creative names should run for office! Jeff doesn't agree, but who knows might be a good idea.
- Kathy calls up to give her flavor: Mud In Your Eye!
Here are some of the names we came up with so far:
Dave Dudajek - Opinion Editor of the Utica OD
- Before we get to Mr. Dudajek we continue on this Stewart Situation and take some more calls on it.
- Malcolm calls in to talk about how family friendly and environmentally friendly and it will benefit the financial status of the city. Malcolm also weighs in on the VA situation.
- Dave is on to talk about Operation Sunshine and a fund-raising effort they have with the new T-Shirt company in Utica.
Stewart's Issue Continued
- We check in with Ed about the people protesting near the site. They are not against Stewart's, they are against the re-zoning.
- We spoke with Ed the Intern for more details.
Herb Hand - Penn State O Line Coach
- Herb is a Westmoreland native and a graduate of Hamilton College. He is currently the Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach for Penn State and he was on last night's episode of "Chopped" on the Food Network.
- It was a Father's Day special episode of "Chopped" and he was cooking with a Fire Fighter and others.
- He talks about his role as a coach at Penn State and he talks about the scars that still need healing and they are definitely going through a transitional period.
- There is a big focus now on doing the right thing.
- Before we get to Ed and Martin, we heard a little from the anti-Stewart's commercial and Bill plays the song again...Hilarious!
- Martin called in to talk about the woman who fell and lost her teeth and he suggests a community collection to get the teeth replaced.
- We get a final update from Ed, and everyone that he's spoke with other than the protestors have nothing but support for this Stewart's project.