Oneida County To Distribute Farmers Market Coupons To Seniors
The Oneida County Office for the Aging and Continuing Care will begin distributing coupon booklets to local seniors next month that can be redeemed at area farmers markets.
Each eligible person will receive a booklet worth $20.
To be eligible, participants must be 60 or older and have proof of age. They must also not have received coupons from another source.
The farmers market distributions sites for the coupon booklets are as follows:
• Whitesboro Farmers Market: Whitesboro Village Green, July 15, 3-5 p.m.
• New Hartford Farmers Market: Sherrillbrook Park, July 16, 3-5 p.m.
• Boonville Farmers Market: Erwin Park, July 18, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
• Trenton Farmers Market: Village Park in Holland Patent, July 20, 9-11 a.m.
• Utica Farmers Market: Utica Chancellor Park, July 24, 10 a.m. -1 p.m.
• Clinton Farmers Market: Clinton Village Green, July 25, 10 a.m.-noon
• Oneida County Public Market: Union Station in Utica, July 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Rome Farmers Market: Rome City Hall Green, July 31, noon-2:30 p.m.
• Vienna Farmers Market: 7812 State Route 13 in Blossvale, Aug. 1, 3-5 p.m.
“Once again, our eligible county seniors will receive coupons that will help them to obtain healthy and nutritious food options provided by our local farmers,” said Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente. “We expect this year, that about 2,000 seniors will be assisted through this program over the course of the farmers market season.”