See The Roundabout Planned For Downtown Utica, With Additional Changes To Oriskany Street
Oriskany Street in downtown Utica is set to undergo some significant changes.
Brian Hoffmann from the regional DOT office met with us to explain the changes and give us better understanding of what is planned.
The changes at the following cross streets include:
- replace current intersection at John Street with a roundabout
- smaller and more pedestrian-friendly intersections at Genesee Street
- a reduction of the current 3 lanes of traffic in each direction down to 2
- the addition of a new street in front of the block at includes Gerber's
- The DOT also plans to remove a 'redundant' bridge ramp near the Pirnie Federal Building (the ramp is currently closed to traffic)
We also had further discussion with Hoffmann, and Jim Piccola on WIBX First News with Keeler in the Morning: