Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Today we discuss the two big national stories of the day and we talk budgets in Ilion and Oneida County with Fran Madore and George Joseph.
- The Masters begins this week and we talk about the South Carolina police officer charged with murder.
- Sen. Rand Paul gets into it with Savannah Guthrie on 'The Today Show.'
Fran Madore - Village Budget
- We talk to Fran, Union Rep at Remington, about the Custom Shop at Remington Arms and he is also on to express his concerns over the budget and the cuts that may come to the police department. Ray Stagich also gives us his Weather Channel forecast.
- We talk more about Sen. Rand Paul and some of his other audio clips.
- We discuss the Boston Marathon bombing verdict. We will speak to a FOX News Correspondent about it. We also talk about a Rob Lowe commercial for DirecTV that is being pulled.
Bill Marcus - FOX News Correspondent
- Bill is with FOX News and is on to discuss the guilty verdict for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and what we can expect from the next phase of the trial.
- We continue the discussion on the two big stories of the day. We also talk about the "Opt-Out" issue.
Mary's Restaurant Review (Charlie's Pizza)
- Andrew's sister Mary delivers her weekly restaurant review and Bill asks her about Standardized Testing.
Bob Seward - Shots
- Bob is hosting a benefit to help the Minckler Family who lost everything, including pets, in a house fire. The benefit is Saturday, April 11th and tickets can be purchased by calling Bob at 315-534-1664 or by stopping by Shots Sports and Entertainment Bar.
John Naegele - McCraith Beverage
- Craft Beer of the Week time with John and he brought us in a nice Summer beer to try called Keegan's Bine Climber.
George Joseph - Oneida County Legislature
- We discuss taxes and the Oneida County budget. Nelson calls up to talk about the sales tax.
- We play audio from the interview with the witness who filmed Officer Slager shooting Walter Scott.