Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
We have a great show for you today! We will be speaking with Coach Gary Heenan about the upcoming season opener on Saturday at the AUD. Also, we'll speak with New Hartford native Mike Zalewski who is on the Comets roster.
- Bill witnesses a water main break in the valley and ties the BREAK of water main break to "Breaking Bad." A man in Ilion was arrested for drug possession.
- World Series last night ended with the win for The San Francisco Giants. It was a close game that came down to the wire, but ultimately it was the pitching of 25-year-old Madison Bumgarner.
- Plate Night is on our website right now. The most recent episode is Susan's Cooking School and we learn how to make Pirogi!
- Astorino's wife has come out with a video that is going viral. The video is Mrs. Astorino sitting at a desk and delivering a "Shame On You" message to the governor.
- The New Jersey Governor Christ Christie was at a press conference and he told a heckler to "Sit down and Shut up!"
- Bill wants to know what those lines are in the road.
- We spoke with Jim Piccola who gave an explanation.
Here is a Boston Globe story explaining more: http://www.boston.com/business/gallery/brinesolution?pg=4.
- Senator Lindsey Graham did not help his Presidential hopes with recent audio that has surfaced.
- An 80+ year old woman who lives near Ft. Hood and hugs soldiers before they leave for deployment, when they come back and when she sees them in town. She has received an award from the Army and it is believed that she hugged over 1/2 million soldiers.
- Mike Tyson has a new show coming out and he appears on CNN.
- Ray Stagich from the Weather Channel gives us his forecast.
Jim Zecca - ADK Scenic Railroad
- Community Advocate Jim Zecca talks to us live from Savannah, Georgia. He is on to talk about the public comment forum on the Railroad potentially going to Lake Placid.
Brandon Lang - Week 9 NFL Pick
- Brandon gives us his top picks for Week 9 of the NFL.
Visit Brandon's Website for a 24-Hour All Access Pass: http://www.brandonlang.com/.
Gary Hartman - Opposes Herkimer P&C Jail Site
- Gary Hartman is a former Herkimer County Legislator who is opposed to the proposed Herkimer County Jail site. He is on to give his reasons for his opposition.
They Say It's Your Birthday...
- Brittney Polczynski from Rome
- Christina Ballard from Sauquoit
- Warren Towne from Sauquoit
- Jenna Higgins from Waterville
Congratulations to Brittney Polczynski from Rome! You win the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop!
Tony Brindisi - Herkimer Mayor
- Tony is on to give his take on the P&C Herkimer County Jail Site. Tony talks about the financial aspect of this situation and beyond.
Free Money Question of the Day #1
- Paul from White Lake is our contestant for our first free money question of the day. His question is In the history of MLB World Series, which pitcher has pitched in the most World Series games? The answer is Mariano Rivera and he guessed Nolan Ryan. He doesn't win the $100, but he wins dinner for 2 at Carmella's.
- We review the Mrs. Astorino video.
Coach Gary Heenan - UC Men's Hockey Coach
- We have Coach Heenan on to talk about the home/season opener taking place this Saturday at the AUD. He also gives us a little preview of this year's team. He says they will have fun with being the "Underdog."
- We also talk about the Season Ticket situation and demand.
John Naegele - McCraith Beverage
- John brings in our Craft Beer of the Week! This week is Saranac Long John Lager Winter Lager.
Mike Zalewski - Utica Comets Left Wing
- Mike is not only a player on the Utica Comets, he is also a native of New Hartford. He is on to talk about the awesome start to the season and how it feels to play pro hockey in his hometown.
Cornelia Brown - MAMI
- Before we speak to Cornelia, we talk about the Buffalo Head Restaurant and the fact they're closing for the Winter for this first time ever.
- Cornelia is the Executive Director of The Multicultural Association of Medical Interpreters. She is on to discuss the forum that will take place on Nov. 5th at Hamilton College. It is an event to demonstrate the importance of translators in the medical and legal fields. It will be taking place at the Kennedy Auditorium and will go from 4:15 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Free Money Question of the Day #2
- Our contestant is Diane from Rome! Her question is: The World Series has been cancelled twice. Why was it canceled in 1994? The answer was the strike, but she was not able to answer the question. She wins dinner for two at Carmella's.