A Herkimer man is facing numerous charges after a lengthy investigation into allegations that he sexually abused a young girl over the course of several years.

Herkimer Police say 50-year-old David Balderston was forcing the child, who was under the age of 13, to perform sexual acts on him, and also had sex with the girl.

Balderston is facing the following charges:

  • Predatory Sexual Assault Against a Child
  • Rape
  • Criminal Sexual ActSexuall
  • Sex Abuse
  • Sexual Misconduct.
  • Forcible Touching
  • Endangering the Welfare of a Child

He’s being held in the Herkimer County jail without bail.

Police say the investigation is continuing and additional charges may be possible.

Top 6 Zip Codes In Central New York Where Sex Offenders Live

There are nearly 800 registered sex offenders in Oneida County, New York and about 125 in Herkimer County according to homefacts.com. After diving deeper into these numbers, we are breaking down how many sex offenders live in each of our communities in the Mohawk Valley.

THIS is Why You Should Move Over for

The New York State Move Over Law was enacted in 2012 to protect law enforcement officers, emergency workers, tow and service vehicle operators, and other maintenance workers stopped along roadways while performing their duties. This is what happens when you don't move over. It's not only dangerous, it's the law!

14 Of New York State's Most Wanted Criminals

Below are individuals wanted by the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision's (DOCCS) Office of Special Investigations who have been designated as its Most Wanted Fugitives. They should be considered armed and dangerous. This list is current as of 11/19/2021:

NEVER attempt to apprehend a fugitive yourself. If you have information on the location of any of these fugitives, you can contact OSI 24 hours a day / 7 days a week to report it. All leads and tips are treated as confidential information.

If an immediate response is necessary, such as you see the wanted person at a location, please call “911” and report it to the police.

More From WIBX 950