Keeler Show Notes for Friday, December 2nd, 2016
Friday, December 2nd, 2016
6 AM Hour
- Bill goes over how bad he feels over how sad that David Cassidy interview was. The list of biggest party cities is out, and what feature on a man will help him find a mate? Major League Baseball also have announced that the All-Star game will no longer decide home-field advantage for the World Series.
- Tonya J. Powers from Fox News Radio is on to update us on the deadly wildfires in Tennessee.
- We are catching up with Rachael Witter from Eyewitness News. She gives us her forecast for the rest of the day, and the weekend.
- We discuss a number of news stories including a study that shows scientists believe a male is more attractive to a woman when he has a beard.
- Willie Waffle reviews the movies being released this weekend brought to you by Smith Packing. One film only gets a half a waffle, and one gets all four! You'll want to get out and see Natalie Portman in 'Jackie.'
7 AM Hour
- We go over yesterday's interview with David Cassidy, and play back some of that interview. We play some samples of his Christmas EP. The lists of the best songs of the year continue with Spotify's best songs by category.
- Derek Clark is the Executive Director of Broadway Utica, and he is on this morning to discuss new legislation to combat ticket "bots." This is an effort to protect the entertainment industry, and its patrons.
- Our Free Money Question of the Day went to Jeffrey this morning. He didn't win the $100, but we hooked him up anyway.
- Joining us in studio are Gina Hobika and Nicole Cazza from CNY Services to talk to us about the ongoing heroin, opiate, and other drug addictions. There have been 6 deaths in our community this week, at least, from a drug overdose. There are some children as young as 12 using heroin.
8 AM Hour
- Gary Johnson is a local musician who has performed all over, and he will be playing at 'Corked' wine bar tonight. He is playing a few songs for us as well. He quickly shares his experience of having the name "Gary Johnson," especially after this election season.
- Andria Heath from Utica Zoo is on to give us an update on their primate building fund-raising, and renovation project.
- Marc Deperno is with Sitrin, and he's on to promote the big event coming up this weekend at The Utica Curling Club. Wheelchair Curlers from all over North American will be in town, and 10 Sitrin STARS representing the U.S.
- We wrap up for the week reviewing all there is to do in Central New York, and we give away some hockey tickets.