Keeler Show Notes for Friday, May 22nd, 2015
Friday, May 22nd, 2015
Today we will speak with Ed Welsh from AAA to discuss the air bag recall. We also will talk to Sheriff Rob Maciol about boating safety this Memorial Day weekend and we'll do a blind taste test with hot dogs.
6 AM Hour
- Joe starts the morning off talking about his son and why he put him into a Charter School. Jeff also talks about the fact that his mom had a fire in her kitchen. We also preview our blind hot dog taste test.
- Bill gives someone the chance to win a $25 Charlie's Gift Card if they could correctly guess who's air check he played. Jeff from Frankfort got it right away!
- The Utica Comets are on a role! At this rate they'll be playing into next season!! Tickets are already Sold Out for Sunday and Monday's game against Grand Rapids. We also talk with Ray Stagich from the Weather Channel.
- Willie Waffle is on to give us the Memorial Day Weekend movie reviews including Poltergeist and Tomorrowland. Before you go to the movies make sure you visit Willie's website first!
7 AM Hour
- We talk to Ed Welsh from AAA about gas prices, Memorial Day Weekend travel, and we discuss the Takata air bag debacle.
- Bill talks about Herkimer Diamond Mines and it amazes him the number of people who come in to town just for the Herkimer Diamond mines. Dan Aykroyd even knows about Herkimer Diamond Mines because he uses it for his vodka, "Crystal Head."
- Mike calls up to let us know about the Hero Hot Dog Steamer.
- The moment has finally arrived! We fire up the grill to prep the hot dogs and we give someone the chance to win Comets tickets.
- The blind taste test has finally arrived. Andrew nails which one is Hoffman's and which is Honest John's. His preference is the Honest John's. Bill waits to give his choice until after the break.
8 AM Hour
- We find out which Hot Dog Bill preferred (Jeff kept it suspenseful) and Jim Raymer, Boilermaker Merchandising Director, is in to talk about the Boilermaker "White Out" spectator shirts.
- We recap the rough night Jeff had helping his mother with a fire.
- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol is in to talk about boating safety and having a good and safe Memorial Day Weekend. We also talk with Chris Salatino from Claim Solutions to talk about smoke and fire damage, specifically with Jeff's mother's house.
- We make one last attempt to give away these Comets tickets with The Music Game. We wish everyone a Memorable Memorial Day and we'll be back on Tuesday. We're off Monday. Have fun and stay safe!