Keeler Show Notes for Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Today we will speak with Tim Reed and Greeley Ford about Boilermaker week and the Pre-Boilermaker concert. We will also talk with Dr. Ann Ryan from Le Moyne College.
6 AM Hour
- Have you tried the new iTunes streaming service? Bill swears by it. News has come out that Bill Cosby admitted that he had used Qualudes back in 2005 to drug women. What allowed the judge to unseal the documents?
- Andrew is ready for the big race and Brian calls up to ask about the Randolph Mantooth interview we did a little while ago. Oreo is coming out with a new cookie that's thinner and with less calories.
- Bill wants to test the single camera in studio for our Simulcast. There are some technical glitches but they are on their way to be corrected and Jeff tests the close up options. We also talk about Alligator lake.
- A guy ties 100 Helium Balloons to a lawn chair to promote his business and then floated up and parachuted down and was arrested. Amazon is planning to have Black Friday type specials on their birthday which is July 15th.
7 AM Hour
- We talk a little bit more about the Amazon shopping spree day. We have in studio Greeley Ford and Tim Reed to talk about events leading up to the Boilermaker. Greeley is from Classified and he's talking about the pre-Boilermaker concert and Tim addresses the drone issue. That concert is on Saturday, July 11th at the Stanley from 6-8 p.m.
- Honest John's Hot Dog is the official Hot Dog of the Boilermaker and they're selling them for $1 a dog and the proceeds go to the Food Bank of Central New York. We also talk to Tim about the weather, and we play the Music Game with Tim and Greeley.
- We have hopes for another camera, a light for the close up camera, and the ability to have audio during the commercial break. We talk more about Bill Cosby and the unsealing of legal documents. What is the difference between qualudes and benadryl?
- Karen Dawson is a travel expert. She is on to talk about the four main airlines and the investigation into them possibly colluding to keep airfare rates higher. As long as capacity stays full, then the prices will probably continue to rise.
8 AM Hour
- Florida State's named starting QB this year, De'Andre Johnson, has been dismissed after video surfaced of him punching a female at a bar. We talk briefly about that and we then talk with Le Moyne College English Professor Dr. Ann Ryan about the Matt Shaw Fund. Matt was a classmate of Andrew's at Le Moyne who was killed in a random act of violence in Harlem months after graduating. To donate you can email Dr. Ryan at email@example.com.
- Dr. Kevin Campbell is a world-renowned Cardiologist. He is on to talk about the consumption of sugary drinks and how dangerous they can be.
- Mario calls up to express his concerns with the banning of drones over the Boilermaker course this year. He shares his thoughts freely on the Boilermaker.