Palmieri Appoints Police Reform Advisory Committee
Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri has appointed 18 individuals to the City’s Police Reform Advisory Committee.
The committee is made up of public officials, community leaders and stakeholders.
Palmieri says the committee has met three times and is tasked with outlining a reform plan by April 1st of next year.
He says public input and engagement will be a critical part of crafting the plan.
Governor Cuomo issued an Executive Order in June requiring a comprehensive police reform plan for each municipality in the state by next April.
Here is the list of the committee members:.
- Mayor Robert Palmieri
- Councilman Delvin Moody
- Oneida County Legislator Evon Ervin
- Oneida County District Attorney’s Office Representative Patrick Johnson
- Utica Police Chief Mark Williams
- Utica Deputy Police Chief Ed Noonan
- Utica Police Sergeant Michael Curley
- City of Utica Director of City Initiatives Marques Phillips (Co-Chair)
- City of Utica Budget Director Heather Mowat
- Tony Colon, founder of the Mohawk Valley Latino Association
- The Honorable Jawaad Rasheed
- Dr. Mark Montgomery
- Stephanie Heiland
- Walter Savage
- Gary Harvey
- Margaret Gallaway
- Rev. Mary Webster (Co-Chair)
- Oneka Roach-Campbell, Esq
CHECK IT OUT: 10 Items That May Be Out of Stock This Winter