Rome Awards Nearly $200k in Downtown Business Grants
Rome Mayor Jackie Izzo awarded nearly $200,000 on Friday to seven local businesses who operate or will be operating in the heart of downtown Rome.
The money is part of the $10 million in Downtown Revitalization Initiative monies awarded to the city back in 2017.
- Rome Art Association - $2,250
- The Copper Easel - $2,250
- Brenda's Natural Foods - $15,704.63
- Rome Elks Lodge - $27,821
- Thrive Co-work LLC (new business) - $49,498
- Technergetics (new business) - $50,000
- Balanced Chef (new business) - $50,000
Izzo says her administration capped the awards at $50,000 to allow the money to be spread to more businesses. She says there are approximately $200,000 left in the fund for local businesses and expects the remaining dollars to be awarded in the fall or next spring.